• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Nathanb said:

I believe it’s longer than that. 

when I was looking venom was 5-6 months 

limcat was 3-4 months. 

that’s where I stopped

I took deliver of one last year, it took exactly 8 months.. I have a 2nd build going right now, I spoke with them last week and we are on track for 8 to 10 months delivery. I speak from my experience with them. 

9 hours ago, Furrly said:

I took deliver of one last year, it took exactly 8 months.. I have a 2nd build going right now, I spoke with them last week and we are on track for 8 to 10 months delivery. I speak from my experience with them. 

Got ya. When I was looking the times floating around were 12-16 and it wasn’t too long ago. It was long enough I didn’t even bother. 

On 7/20/2022 at 8:08 PM, Furrly said:

I've got 2 builds going with them right now.  One ordered Nov 21, and one Mar 22.  I'm at 8 months on #1 and no word yet on completion.  Hoping it is true to the 8-10 month window for each.  Would love to get them both at the same time, but thats unlikely.  

2 hours ago, Robertwil18 said:

I've got 2 builds going with them right now.  One ordered Nov 21, and one Mar 22.  I'm at 8 months on #1 and no word yet on completion.  Hoping it is true to the 8-10 month window for each.  Would love to get them both at the same time, but thats unlikely.  

I would definitely reach out, you need to bug them periodically!! 

Dan Heitzenrater at D2 Customs has built me 2 open guns. This is the latest one amd was right 8 weeks with coating. Cost about $5700. He is doing a new top end fpr the girls open gun and it's going to he around 6 weeks if that. Guns run 100%. With both MBX and the new Atlas mags. If you want it fast and reliable he IS the man to talk to. 

All parts are top quality. Cheely frames, Brazos slides, KKM Barrel, EGW and/or Extreme engineering trigger parts, cheely/LSI/PT grips are standard. 

Screenshot_20220704-025436_Gallery.jpg

My vote is for venom

i love atlas but they got a tad pricey

i have a honcho and it runs no problem and it is a very cool configuration but i also have a venom and it is just awesome 

don is great guy

carne makes a great gun

dan bedell built max michel guns and clint upchurch

infinity obviously 

really best bet go to your match see what guns are running and what ones have issues ask to shoot them all and decide what suites you the best

i know a lot of guys struggle with chech on bullet ojive and mag issues to the point one of our guys siliconed a spot in the grip so the gun would run

Take a look for this one on the Classifieds, Brand New Carne 9mm (just need to modify slightly to shoot right hand), even better if you are a lefty, but available now and no wait times.  But be quick otherwise I may have to buy it .....

And at around 5k, a real bargain....

**NEW** Carne Custom 2011 Open Gun 9mm

Another vote for D2 Customs. I have several of Dan’s open guns, and they all run fantastic, they were made in a very good timeframe, all 2 months or less, fantastic, fair pricing, all top quality parts. He will make them however you want, with whatever parts you want. In addition, you can send it to him every year in the off season for free inspection and cleaning. Even if you plan to use the gun as a backup (which you probably won’t once you get it in your hands), this is a very viable option while waiting for something else like an Infinity, EMG, etc.

Jeff Abernathy of Tommy Guns USA. He has built several for me and is currently rebuilding my 38 super that I shot the barrel out of. He will build anything you want but he can also give you a preferred  parts list of his and build you the most dependable gun you will own. His wait times vary but usually no more than a couple months from my experience in the past. Also, you may even run into some dude named Jarret that I hear smashes a trigger now and then.

Tommy Guns USA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2022 at 2:44 AM, chgofirefighter said:

"Best Open Gun Builders?" Extremely subjective question since most gun owners have their own taste, style and budget...

Agree.  It depends on taste.  Now, for us with lower budgets, try bobby carver customs.  He worked on my Open Glock.

• 2 weeks later...

Look at donnyock on this forum aka venom customs. His s#!t works and he definitely knows what he’s talking about. 

I’ve also been happy with my infinity and my cheely open guns but infinity price and wait times are pretty rowdy and as much as I love their holistic approach to building guns I hate not having standard 2011 parts - example even the firing pin is proprietary as it goes through the ibf screw. 

17 hours ago, BeerBaron said:

Look at donnyock on this forum aka venom customs. His s#!t works and he definitely knows what he’s talking about. 

I’ve also been happy with my infinity and my cheely open guns but infinity price and wait times are pretty rowdy and as much as I love their holistic approach to building guns I hate not having standard 2011 parts - example even the firing pin is proprietary as it goes through the ibf screw. 

if i had money to drop right now, venom would get my business for sure. i know he is about 6-8 months out though.

Edited by mrvip27

4 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

if i had money to drop right now, venom would get my business for sure. i know he is about 6-8 months out though.

is Matt cheely still building guns? I’ve no idea what his wait list is like these days but in my previous experience he was always super fast and easy to deal with. And his stuff works great. 

1 hour ago, BeerBaron said:

is Matt cheely still building guns? I’ve no idea what his wait list is like these days but in my previous experience he was always super fast and easy to deal with. And his stuff works great. 

don't think he is.

On 9/13/2022 at 2:12 AM, BeerBaron said:

+1 for Don at Venon Customs, quality build and attention to the details.