Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New for 2022- Bullet prices

CC3D

Sorry if this has been done recently, but I'm looking to switch to another bullet manufacturer to save some money where I can. Cost savings to me are more important than bullet quality at this point in my life, so where are you guys finding the cheapest .40 bullets these days? It appears that Gallant has the lowest cost after shipping at 9.3 cents per bullet for 180gn's. Does anyone know of a cheaper manufacturer? 

Edited by CC3D

Are they in stock and shipping right away? Seems to me that a few guys here were complaining of long wait times. Could have just been during the bad part of the drought though but wouldn’t hurt to double check. 

Edited by Farmer
Punc

22 minutes ago, Farmer said:

Are they in stock and shipping right away? Seems to me that a few guys here were complaining of long wait times. Could have just been during the bad part of the drought though but wouldn’t hurt to double check. 

I believe so based on buddies who buy from them. 

SNS Casting has 175gr SWC 40 cal bullets for $495/5k + $32 shipping, making them $0.105 per bullet shipped. 

With USPSA discount, they're $445.50/5k + $32 shipping, making them about $0.09 per bullet shipped.

On 7/17/2022 at 8:17 AM, CC3D said:

It appears that Gallant has the lowest cost after shipping at 9.3 cents per bullet for 180gn's. Does anyone know of a cheaper manufacturer? 

The cheapest isn't always the best. We shot about 6K of Gallant because I received a great deal. Afterwards I would recommend Blue Bullets, Brass Monkey, SNS, Precision Bullet all as worthy coated to purchase and Everglade for plated.

Oh and don't shoot uncoated unless you like to clean the barrel often and have a major cloud of smoke. But if it's cowboy shooting, maybe the smoke adds to the nostalgia. 🤔

Blue Bullets, join their contingency program, you get 10% off. With that 180gr 40. projectile will cost you 9.7c per. Excellent product, you save money in the long run. Or you can sign up their subscription plan for a year, at 15% off discount. Get enough bullet for couple of years in a time frame of one year. Then you can choose not to renew it the following year, then do it again once you need more bullet. 

3 hours ago, ShootingPilot said:

Curious how to Black Bullet International bullets stack up to blue bullets? 

I have used them before (about 2 years ago), they may have improved their products by now but back then the quality wasn't on par with the blue bullet. The shipment i received had coating damaged on many bullets. My order was 200 gr 40. cal, they do not have projectile without lube ring, and I don't like lube ring.

• 1 month later...

I have shot limited for the past 5 years or so.  During that time I've reloaded 180gr bullets from BBI, Bayou, Gallant and Brazos Precision.  While some shipments may have had some minor issues, overall they were all good and pretty much equal (in my gun) performance wise.  Generally speaking they are within 1-2 cents per round of each other, depending on order quantity and what deals are going on at the time.

As an example, BBI's current special allows for 10-15% off depending on quantity ordered.  Using the lowest tier (10%) which requires 3600 projectiles, you get an approximate delivered cost of $0.0925/projectile.  

• 2 months later...
On 7/21/2022 at 4:25 PM, Dr_Z said:

Blue Bullets, join their contingency program, you get 10% off. With that 180gr 40. projectile will cost you 9.7c per. Excellent product, you save money in the long run. Or you can sign up their subscription plan for a year, at 15% off discount. Get enough bullet for couple of years in a time frame of one year. Then you can choose not to renew it the following year, then do it again once you need more bullet. 

this is what I have done. I got a case of 40's a month for a year. the following year I got a case of 9mm 115's every month for a year. Around 8cents each for the 40's, and about 5.5 cents for the 9's.  I still have enough 40's to shoot it full time for almost 2 years, and even more 9's (like 30k or so).