Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prod/PCC Nats??

rowdyb

2 hours ago, PatJones said:

Wasn't it just a pistol match where they allowed people to shoot a PCC? It there's one division that needs a stand-alone nationals, it's probably PCC.

It sounds like a really boring pistol match as well though.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/24/2022 at 9:24 PM, rowdyb said:

I've heard no complaints about these two divisions in the same match. That's good, and not what I thought. 

I thought this was the most fun PCC match since 9 days. One of the team guys was on our squad shooting production so stage planning with him I got a decent feel for the Production side. I'd have loved to have shoot it with both guns to be honest, just based off the stage plans. 

As far as the PCC match, I thought the match was well executed. The Fixed Time and Weak Hand stages both had an actual challenge AND reason to shoot them multiple ways. That's the first time I have said that about Weak Hand so, A+ and we will be putting that stage on at our local club. 

I truly enjoyed the short and medium courses. Those courses added something to the match, again with more than stand and deliver because of the different ways you could shoot them. 

I thought most of the activator sequences were also well done. Danny's stage up top (16) was fantastic with not only multiple presentations of the same target, but multiple GOOD stage plans that could have been optimal. 

Were there 1-2 stages I'd rather have been better? Sure. But these stages were FAR better than CO Nats earlier this year. I'd easily put 2022 PCC/Prod Nats stages in the bin of "As fun as 2 Gun Nationals" and that's always my favorite match. 

4 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

As far as the PCC match, I thought the match was well executed. The Fixed Time and Weak Hand stages both had an actual challenge AND reason to shoot them multiple ways. That's the first time I have said that about Weak Hand so, A+ and we will be putting that stage on at our local club. 

for sure the fixed time and SH/WH stages at CO nationals were fun, challenging, interesting and creative. I worked that stage for CO as well, which kept us on our toes. Shooters found some very innovative ways to mess up by being overly focused on going balls-out fast instead of just hitting stuff.

Were there 1-2 stages I'd rather have been better? Sure. But these stages were FAR better than CO Nats earlier this year

now that's weird. I really liked all the stages at CO nats. Some flow, some choppy, some hard shots, a few easy shots, some risk-reward choices to make, etc....

Edited by motosapiens

4 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

I thought this was the most fun PCC match since 9 days. One of the team guys was on our squad shooting production so stage planning with him I got a decent feel for the Production side. I'd have loved to have shoot it with both guns to be honest, just based off the stage plans. 

I truly enjoyed the short and medium courses. Those courses added something to the match, again with more than stand and deliver because of the different ways you could shoot them. 

I thought most of the activator sequences were also well done. Danny's stage up top (16) was fantastic with not only multiple presentations of the same target, but multiple GOOD stage plans that could have been optimal. 

Were there 1-2 stages I'd rather have been better? Sure. But these stages were FAR better than CO Nats earlier this year. I'd easily put 2022 PCC/Prod Nats stages in the bin of "As fun as 2 Gun Nationals" and that's always my favorite match. 

The fixed time stage was fun. But the stage it was copied from at Area 5 was more interesting (one of many borrowed stages... strangely from matches that the DME attended this year). The Area 5 version featured the same "L-shaped" shooting area.... but it was "one shot per" and there were some no shoots in there... adding even more to the decision making tree. 

The weak hand course with the steel and swinger could have been interesting... except for being able to shoot the headbox prior to activation. Made that stage super-boring IMO. 

I love short courses... but more specifically short courses with an activation/timing sequence to them. These were all just... lame. The two potential new classifiers are dumb. One a stand-and-shoot... which will be shot out promptly.. and the other is basically 20-02 with one extra target and a "slightly" differently shaped shooting area. Boring. 

There were some otherwise well designed stages... the match was fun... but I wouldn't call it Nationals level stuff. Heck... I'd rather had the Shannon Smith designed zone 3 from PCC/CO last year... at least that was stuff that you just don't see often. 

And congrats on your Top 10. 👏

On 10/24/2022 at 10:49 PM, Dirty_J said:

It was the most boring PCC match I’ve ever shot. 

There is a multitude of reasons I didn't go.  This is what I expected to hear.

I'm sad I didn't get to shoot with my buddy Justine as she killed it at this match.  I plan to attend 2023 and see how it goes...

Edited by Bdh821