Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2022 Infinity Open Cancelled?

I'm registered and squaded for 2022 Infinity Open in Texas this October.  Recently, a friend informed me he saw on social media the match is cancelled due to the Nationals being relocated.  I've not been emailed nor is there any change on Practicescore.  I've been unable to find any info with a google search.  Can anyone confirm or deny if the match is still a go?

5 minutes ago, Edwards30 said:

I have attached 2 of the posts made by Infinity on their Instagram.

One is the short post saying they canceled their match and the other is them being fudds.

https://imgur.com/a/9i8yRmL

I don't understand why they would make this announcement on Instagram and not inform the registered/squaded participants via traditional email/practicescore etc.  I wouldn't have known/suspected this if my buddy didn't inform me (he's not even shooting it and knew before I did).  It's unfortunate as I was looking forward to traveling to Texas and shooting.  All the planets aligned perfectly at home/work to allow this to happen.  Now, I have to cancel flights/hotels/work coverage etc.  What a pain.

30 minutes ago, Edwards30 said:

I have attached 2 of the posts made by Infinity on their Instagram.

One is the short post saying they canceled their match and the other is them being fudds.

https://imgur.com/a/9i8yRmL

I don't disagree with the second post. The AG could have sent the State Police and charged lots of people with felonies.

Personally I don't think USPSA should be shooting National Matches in states that restrict firearms with such laws but that is neither here nor there. They certainly shouldn't be shooting National Matches where the equipment used by the majority of the competitors is illegal.

1 hour ago, GigG said:

Personally I don't think USPSA should be shooting National Matches in states that restrict firearms with such laws but that is neither here nor there. They certainly shouldn't be shooting National Matches where the equipment used by the majority of the competitors is illegal.

meh... illegal-ish. Still freely available in every gun shop in colorado.