Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FORUM LIFE - ALL MEMBERS AND GUESTS, PLEASE READ!

GrumpyOne

CHA-LEE mentioned swag, that's not a bad idea. And I wonder if you could work with someone already doing that kind of thing to make it happen. Go Fast Don't Suck comes to mind. He's built a swag business out of a meme page lol. Work out a deal to have him sell swag and a % come back to the forum. Could work out well for both of you. 

13 hours ago, Cuz said:

I think you’re missing what is being suggested. Nobody is saying a paid membership is required to participate. Everyone would always be welcome to participate. But the “members” willing to pay an annual fee, would maybe get some sort of badge or identifier to distinguish them as a “contributor”. 

^^This^^

Ok, I think we can do a badge on the profiles of those who donate to the forum. It will show up under achievements on your profile.

I used member Superslowmo as a test, for those who want to see it.

4 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

In order for merchandizing to work there needs to be a high-quality version (SVG) of the logo. To the best of my knowledge the ENSO logo only exists as a low-quality JPEG.

Brian created some T-shirts back in 2009 so he may have a higher resolution image of the logo (and forum-name) somewhere.

1 hour ago, superslowmo said:

So currently we only have Zelle as a means to make donations?  Any others still available?

Donations can be made through Zelle and Square. Zelle is just the preferred method.

5 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

Ok, I think we can do a badge on the profiles of those who donate to the forum. It will show up under achievements on your profile.

I used member Superslowmo as a test, for those who want to see it.

I couldn’t find it. 
what happened to credit card payments or PayPal?  I used PayPal back in Feb to send a payment. 

55 minutes ago, Cuz said:

I couldn’t find it. 
what happened to credit card payments or PayPal?  I used PayPal back in Feb to send a payment. 

Whose profile did you look on? 

As for donations, we now have Zelle or Square, with Zelle being the preferred method of payment. 

Square accepts credit cards.