Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C&H optic plate quick question

jpm2953

33 minutes ago, jpm2953 said:

Before I press go, no issues running the CHPWS P10 optic plate on a Shadow 2 Optics ready? 

I'm about 99% sure they are not exactly the same as each other and this is one application where close enough is most definitely NOT good enough.

3 hours ago, jpm2953 said:

Went ahead and ordered the correct one from CZ parts

Nothing but good things to say about ordering from CZ-Parts.  Ordered an optic mounting plate for my Shadow 2 OR a few weeks ago.  Placed the order on a Friday afternoon here in North Carolina, after business hours local time in Estonia where CZ-Parts is located.  Had the correct mounting plate delivered to my doorstep 3 business days later...I couldn't believe it!!!  Only problem I had is they only ship the mounting plate, no mounting screws!  Stole some from one of my Glock MOS models, they are the same size and luckily Glock ships 2 sets of plate mounting screws with every MOS pistol.

CZ uses M3X0.5 flat head screws to hold the plate down on the P-10.  Can't remember the length but a safe bet is 2X the plate's thickness.

I'd bet it's the same one used on the Shadow 2. 

I'd get them from here: https://www.mcmaster.com/screws/thread-size~m3/metric-alloy-steel-torx-flat-head-screws/ so you know you're getting quality fasteners

Edited by Johnny_Chimpo

3 hours ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

CZ uses M3X0.5 flat head screws to hold the plate down on the P-10.  Can't remember the length but a safe bet is 2X the plate's thickness.

I'd bet it's the same one used on the Shadow 2. 

I'd get them from here: https://www.mcmaster.com/screws/thread-size~m3/metric-alloy-steel-torx-flat-head-screws/ so you know you're getting quality fasteners

+2 for McMaster Carr, they are the go to for any type of fastener.

17 hours ago, jpm2953 said:

Before I press go, no issues running the CHPWS P10 optic plate on a Shadow 2 Optics ready? 

Same cut and it works great. I prefer this plate as it's a bit cheaper than the plate cut for a GLOCK-brand-GLOCK sight rear dovetail. 

I've run mine for a few years on 2 different guns. They are solid :) 

4 hours ago, jpm2953 said:

Plate showed up yesterday from the Czech Republic. Wow. That’s fast shipping. 

My experience as well.  Better shipping time than from many places within the US!  I was blown away by the fast service and the shipping used at CZ-Parts, they really seem to know how to run a quality business.  Recommend folks put them on their "go to list" for CZ needs!!!