Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun Review: 7 500 Rounds Review of the Bul Armory SAS 2 Ultimate Racer in 9 mm Major

StefVanHauwe

Thank you for the review!

I feel a lot of your upgrades/issues were addressed in the 2021 model.

This and thehumblemarksman reviews makes me want one! they definitely look great!

On 6/28/2022 at 2:38 AM, mrvip27 said:

Thank you for the review!

I feel a lot of your upgrades/issues were addressed in the 2021 model.

This and thehumblemarksman reviews makes me want one! they definitely look great!

Bul changes their generations regularly. If I'm not mistaken you can buy my upgraded version directly through Bul, obviously more expensive than the base model.

On 6/28/2022 at 10:28 AM, WFargo said:

Yes, great review. But the last part was a nasty surprise! Your slide cracked?! 

Amen to that, surprised I was indeed, especially only after 7500 rounds ... I would expect it somewhere between 45-60.000 rounds. BUT, the gun shop replaced the cracked one with a new one, free of charge! At the end that's what counts.

23 hours ago, Kwontanamo said:

if i wanted a BUL SAS UR 2, your set up is what I'd want to go with. i am curious though, how much more did you spend on all the changes on top of the original price of the gun itself?

I think Bul uses different price settings depending on region. I'm in Belgium (EU). So besides the cost for the base model I think I spend 

23 hours ago, Kwontanamo said:

if i wanted a BUL SAS UR 2, your set up is what I'd want to go with. i am curious though, how much more did you spend on all the changes on top of the original price of the gun itself?

~€1800 of which the steel grip and the R3XL take up the biggest chunk.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Kwontanamo said:

I don’t remember if you said it but did you add popple holes to your barrel? 

Considering 9mm major (already hot for a 9mm) I do not have popple holes. Would require more powder to achieve same PF. Might be interesting in 38SC. As stated the UR shoots flat and if you tweak your ammo and spring the muzzle flip is minimal.

1 hour ago, StefVanHauwe said:

Considering 9mm major (already hot for a 9mm) I do not have popple holes. Would require more powder to achieve same PF. Might be interesting in 38SC. As stated the UR shoots flat and if you tweak your ammo and spring the muzzle flip is minimal.

Gotcha. I asked another friend of mine who has a couple of BUL SAS II and he said the comp on the shorty is good enough to keep the muzzle down that you wouldn’t need popple holes on them. He prefers the shorty over his UR. 

13 hours ago, Kwontanamo said:

Gotcha. I asked another friend of mine who has a couple of BUL SAS II and he said the comp on the shorty is good enough to keep the muzzle down that you wouldn’t need popple holes on them. He prefers the shorty over his UR. 

I see. I once looked at the the Shorty, but it cannot handle major loads if I'm not mistaken.

On 9/20/2022 at 6:31 AM, StefVanHauwe said:

I see. I once looked at the the Shorty, but it cannot handle major loads if I'm not mistaken.

I have a Shorty and I run 9 Major. BUL assured me that it's built to. I love the gun (and I also have an SV/Infinity open gun, so I think I have a good comparison). I like the BUL guns in general. I had a BUL SAS II for Limited that I liked.

On 9/22/2022 at 4:56 PM, jt1207 said:

I have a Shorty and I run 9 Major. BUL assured me that it's built to. I love the gun (and I also have an SV/Infinity open gun, so I think I have a good comparison). I like the BUL guns in general. I had a BUL SAS II for Limited that I liked.

Thanks for sharing.

• 2 months later...