Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Freedom Munitions Problems

Flea

Anyone use their new, FMJ, 9mm ammo in 115g, 124g or 147g? In one box of each, I had several failure to fires. After the first few, I put in a brand new 5.5lb striker spring in my G34. After the spring change, I still had the same issue. Is it common knowledge that FM's quality isn't top notch?

4 hours ago, Flea said:

. Is it common knowledge that FM's quality isn't top notch?

Absolutely! I won a box once and every case was still belled. i.e not crimped.

4 hours ago, Flea said:

Anyone use their new, FMJ, 9mm ammo in 115g, 124g or 147g? In one box of each, I had several failure to fires. After the first few, I put in a brand new 5.5lb striker spring in my G34. After the spring change, I still had the same issue. Is it common knowledge that FM's quality isn't top notch?

They are better than prior to bankruptcy (new I don't know about reloads), but their accuracy is really really poor. The powder loads can be dramatically different between rounds, not dangerous different but plays poopoo with accuracy. Range ammo only. 

I honestly thought those guys were out of business. After seeing it blow up a tavor, stop multiple ARs (generally because the primers were blowing out ), jam a stock glock multiple times in a match, I swore to never even put it in a 22 if they made 22 lol. I'd sell that to the guy who generally beats you at a match and that way you have a chance next go around🤣

2 hours ago, Zincwarrior said:

They are better than prior to bankruptcy (new I don't know about reloads), but their accuracy is really really poor. The powder loads can be dramatically different between rounds, not dangerous different but plays poopoo with accuracy. Range ammo only. 

I've had terrible accuracy even with their new loads (.40 S&W), as well as a squib once. Unfortunately Freedom Munitions is just like LAX Ammo now. 

• 2 months later...

Freedom Munitions is pure junk!  I say that with a frustrating tone due to my two years of loyalty to that company.  Recently; the past 3-4 months, I’ve experienced at least 5-10 failure to fire rounds in every 100 rounds shot.  I was able to look past that, but it has become more and more of a problem lately!  Yesterday out of three 17 round mags I had 19 fail to fire rounds!!!  This from a G45 with a 6lb. striker spring… how can that be???

I’ve shot thousands upon thousands of FM rounds and have for the most part enjoyed each range day, but NOT anymore, they’re QC process/policy is very poor to say the least!  Stay away from Freedom Munitions  9mm 124gr. New ammo, it is now garbage!

1 hour ago, Mounty said:

Freedom Munitions is pure junk!  I say that with a frustrating tone due to my two years of loyalty to that company.  Recently; the past 3-4 months, I’ve experienced at least 5-10 failure to fire rounds in every 100 rounds shot.  I was able to look past that, but it has become more and more of a problem lately!  Yesterday out of three 17 round mags I had 19 fail to fire rounds!!!  This from a G45 with a 6lb. striker spring… how can that be???

I’ve shot thousands upon thousands of FM rounds and have for the most part enjoyed each range day, but NOT anymore, they’re QC process/policy is very poor to say the least!  Stay away from Freedom Munitions  9mm 124gr. New ammo, it is now garbage!

You have just been lucky. Their ammo has been problematic for years

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How are these dudes still in business???

They were a decent option back during the Obummer rushes… pricing was decent and QC was okay… but it’s been all downhill from there… and **** their stepped cases that are still circulating. I’d rather have 380 mixed in with my 9 brass for reloading than have to deal with those ******* things. 

Edited by Dirty_J