Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Being desensitized to the high cost of Primers

RangerTrace

Got a call from a friend at a local gun store today advising they had CCI SPP primers for $99 a thousand.  I quickly went there and bought 10K of them.  I never would have believed I'd be happy to find primers for that price......coming from the same guy that's paying $5.50 for a gallon of diesel.

• 1 year later...

CCI Small Pistol Primers are $84.99 at my local Scheels, they had a lot of them too. Not sure if these prices will ever return to sane levels, especially if people keep buying them at those prices there is little incentive for manufacturers to drop the price.

13 minutes ago, ColoradoNick said:

Damn… $65/1k for CCI 500’s here and diesel is $3.37/gal

That’s cheap compared to $130-140 for 1k here in  Hawaii lol

Edited by R1valdez

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Joe4d said:

you guys are the problem,  cry about high prices for HOBBY supplies but still pay them... STOP IT

For most it’s either stop shooting or pay it.  What choice do you make if you love to shoot. It’s easy to say stop shooting if you don’t truly have a passion for shooting every weekend. 

13 hours ago, Joe4d said:

you guys are the problem,  cry about high prices for HOBBY supplies but still pay them... STOP IT

I don't cry about high prices because Winchester Small Pistol were less than 10.00 a thousand when I started, so I got over sticker shock long ago.  

Plus I have more money than time left to shoot. ;)

22 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

yeh I still have stuff with sub $29 price tags..

I shoot 12,000 rounds a year, so my primer's don't have a long shelve life.  :)

But, keeping with the theme of the thread, because you paid 29.00 dollars that kept prices from going back to 10.00 dollars, shame on you. ;)

Edited by dannyd

1 hour ago, Racinready300ex said:

Of course now days a sale is $80/k plus shipping and hazmat. 

I've seen $65-70 a lot recently. More and more are staying in stock long term. The joy will be timing a purchase prior to the next election cycle as this trend won't stay here forever. 

5 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

I've seen $65-70 a lot recently. More and more are staying in stock long term. The joy will be timing a purchase prior to the next election cycle as this trend won't stay here forever. 

I've only seen those kind of numbers on those Argentina primers, not on CCI or Federal. But, I haven't really been looking either.

I did pick up a few thousand of those Argentinian primers to test but haven't tried them yet. I guess I should get around to that. 

I've only seen those kind of numbers on those Argentina primers, not on CCI or Federal. But, I haven't really been looking either.

I did pick up a few thousand of those Argentinian primers to test but haven't tried them yet. I guess I should get around to that. 

The SA's do good in my revolvers, don't know about how they will do in a semiautomatic because I don't own any.  Used over 5,000 so far.

Powder valley has  CCI for $69.99 and federal for $82.99 right now