Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CMMG RDB in competition

For those that run the CMMG RDB in competition, what do you do to assure ejection or extraction reliability?

The general advice seems to be replacement of ejector springs and extractor springs.
1. Are there certain springs that do not need to be replaced at frequent intervals?
2. At what intervals do you replace springs?
3. What springs are you using?
4. With the extractors, do you also use the dampener and/or donut?

Are there other components that need to be changed for reliability?

• 2 weeks later...

I run extra power extractor springs with no donut or other add ons that can fail and change the springs every 5k or at least once a year, whichever comes first. I also change the ejector spring at the same interval with an extra power spring. Another thing I did was move away from running titegroup in my loads, it fouled up my action very badly and needed cleaning every 500 rounds or so to assure reliability. 

Keep an eye on the wear on the cam pin as well, mine did break at about 15k. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/6/2022 at 4:55 AM, ViktorCistic said:

extractor spring BCM

ejector spring Tubb´s
extractor - Uronen precision

vytahovač.jpg

Hi Viktor,

I have never seen an Uronen Precision extractor before.  Is this made exclusively for the CMMG RDB?  What kind of difference does it make:?  Where can one be bought?

Thanks

• 5 months later...
On 9/7/2022 at 5:52 PM, BartCarter said:

Hi Viktor,

I have never seen an Uronen Precision extractor before.  Is this made exclusively for the CMMG RDB?  What kind of difference does it make:?  Where can one be bought?

Thanks

Made in Europe, for 9mm luger cartridge. I believe all the other extractors are rebuilt from 223

• 1 month later...