Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 trigger guard checkering

Aiden

Hi all,

Picked up my CO Stock 2 and shot a local match for the first time in forever and had a blast. So my renewed interest in the gun has me wondering if I should checker the trigger guard to scratch my personal preference.

Anyone here seen/had that done? Any issues getting through the chrome or is it thin enough to remove without too much trouble?

My Black @PatriotDefense Custom open tanfo blaster was Hand Checkered by me. The Checkering sharpness was SIGNIFICANTLY improved. Doing a trigger guard should be just as easy. Tape off nice straight out line. Do a metal (blue/red) basic dye. Trace your out line and start SLOW flowing one way with a fine triangular needle file. Start with all lines facing one way. Then same process the with your cross lines. Start soft and as grove is created you can go deeper to bring checkered points out. Be careful and go slow.  When I finished mine it was AGGRESSIVE and I loved it. Good luck!

I didn't worry about finish protection wise. If you clean right no worries. Otherwise since I had beat my gun like a tool Joe coated it black for me making it look purrrrrefct again.

• 4 weeks later...

Well my boredom got the better of me and I went at it.

30LPI checkering on most of the trigger guard. Still debating how I want to terminate the grip side and have some points to clean up on the last few lines towards the front as I finish that. The curved surface was interesting to say the least.

DMtIiQH.jpg?1