Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lee Pro Master Vs Dillon 750

On 9/20/2022 at 9:12 AM, davidjon_99 said:

Anyway, to make a long story short, the Six Pack Pro might have some potential,

Thanks for the pre-release review. I'm a sworn Dillon press user, but there's a need for value presses that work. Early in my reloading life I had the Loadmaster and sold it for my first Dillon, a 650, and never looked back. Now I load on a 1050, 550, and my first Lee Challenger single stage press for misc. loading work. 

If the new Six Pack actually works, as in no constant tweaking to keep it reliable and running, it could  be an extra press. 

Welcome to the blue group!

And what a great gear hobby!

11 hours ago, HesedTech said:

If the new Six Pack actually works, as in no constant tweaking to keep it reliable and running, it could  be an extra press. 

Welcome to the blue group!

And what a great gear hobby!

Thanks! 

I love reloading and love shooting so it works out to be a great hobby. As I mentioned, I was very hopeful that Lee was making a worthy successor to the LoadmasterI also thought maybe it would compete well with the 550 or even the 750. Sadly, I don't think the Six Pack Pro will live up to that. I don't think it will need the tweaking that the Loadmaster does, but it does have a lot of plastic parts that will no doubt wear out pretty quickly.

Anyway, got my RL1100 set up on my bench and will be reloading with it very soon.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, plinker625 said:

Lee Progressive Presses are a tinker's wet dream. 

Lol, so true.

I processed 500 300 BLK cases on my RL1100. Universal decap, swage, size/trim (RT1500) then Lyman M die. Took a fraction of the time compared to my old process. I kept stopping to make sure everything was ok with the case feeder and press because it was all going so smoothly. I'm not used to everything just working like it should. That's not my typical experience when I loaded with my Lee Loadmaster. I invariably had case feeding issues or indexing issues or something that I had to tinker with on the press to get through 500 rounds. 

I've messed with the Lee Six Pack Pro some more and have decided to put it on moth balls. Sadly it is not near the press that the Loadmaster is. Had all kinds of case feeding issues with the Lee spring case feeding system they seem to like to use so much. Indexing was an issue also. It has a lot of plastic parts that I feel a bit suspect about. The Loadmaster had some plastic parts, but a lot fewer than the Six Pack and not hardly any in what I consider key stress areas like shell plate indexing.