Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wall Construction...with raw materials on the rise $$

Chappytactical

I know this has been topic has been brought up before, but what is everyone's thoughts on walls being constructed out of PVC? Our club is looking to build more walls and well, you all know the price of steel, aluminum and wood have gone through the roof!

Those clubs that have PVC walls, what size and psi rating did you all use?

If anyone has other resources or ideas to save money on walls, please provide them in the comments.  Thanks!

Pony up the money for correct wall construction is probably the correct answer.  Walls do get shot, dropped, stepped on, fall over.  PVC will not happen up to normal wall abuse for matches.  Not that it does not exist, but I have never seen walls constructed from PVC, probably for those very reasons.  

if you're talking solid pvc wall, it's a vision barrier which could be a safety issue with folks downrange remaining unseen.  also wind load on solid walls can be a problem.  

2x4 framing/perimeter with plastic netting stapled seems to be a good choice.

3 hours ago, davsco said:

if you're talking solid pvc wall, it's a vision barrier which could be a safety issue with folks downrange remaining unseen.  also wind load on solid walls can be a problem.  

2x4 framing/perimeter with plastic netting stapled seems to be a good choice.

Sorry, I meant PVC tubing for the frame. But the 2x4 framing seems like a more viable option.