Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver Specific Gun Handling Resources?

Paul_H

Are there any good revolver specific training resources related to gun handling?

I've got books and DVDs from from the likes of Ben Stoeger, Pat McNamara, Steve Anderson, Michael Seeklander, and a few others. While they are great for training drills and programs, the ones that focus on gun handling skills all do so for semi-auto pistols. I'm looking for anything that will help my accelerate my revolver journey (other than being told to buy a semi-auto... :)). I'm able to adapt the drills and programs to my revolver habit OK, but looking to accelerate my revolver  handling skills.

For example, when reloading I switch hands and hold the gun weak-hand and reload with a speed loader or moon-clip strong hand. I've realized that consistency with my weak hand thumb whether I have it in a cylinder groove or between can make a difference in reload times, or more important wasted time. Was hoping to find a resource that points out these subtle details to help with my training. Any thoughts greatly appreciated, even if they are disjointed read this and that, I'm willing to piece the information together. 

Thanks,
Paul

55 minutes ago, Paul_H said:

Are there any good revolver specific training resources related to gun handling?

I've got books and DVDs from from the likes of Ben Stoeger, Pat McNamara, Steve Anderson, Michael Seeklander, and a few others. While they are great for training drills and programs, the ones that focus on gun handling skills all do so for semi-auto pistols. I'm looking for anything that will help my accelerate my revolver journey (other than being told to buy a semi-auto... :)). I'm able to adapt the drills and programs to my revolver habit OK, but looking to accelerate my revolver  handling skills.

For example, when reloading I switch hands and hold the gun weak-hand and reload with a speed loader or moon-clip strong hand. I've realized that consistency with my weak hand thumb whether I have it in a cylinder groove or between can make a difference in reload times, or more important wasted time. Was hoping to find a resource that points out these subtle details to help with my training. Any thoughts greatly appreciated, even if they are disjointed read this and that, I'm willing to piece the information together. 

Thanks,
Paul

The only thing I can think of is to find every video on the subject by Jerry Miculek.

• 1 month later...