Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open minor guns

usmc1974

42 minutes ago, RJH said:

Where are you getting factory 9 mm for 15-16 dollars a hundred?

Sorry.  30 cents a round.  I forgot 50 in a box, not 100.  I've been buying from Target Sports USA.  I'm also blizzarded with emails for ammo from Brownell's, Ammo to Go and Natchez.  They all want 32~35 cents each.  Still cheaper than Eley.

Target Sports lets you sign up for email notifications for the specific brand and load you want.  Sometimes you have to be super quick.  Others, not so much.  The last time I bought Blazer 9mm they showed 99+ cases in stock for three days before they sold out.  99+ is as high as they show, so they must have had boatloads of the stuff.  Right now they have 15-20 brands/loads for sale at $15/50 and up.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, zzt said:

I don't see the point of buying Eley minor 9 ammo at those prices.  I can buy all the factory 9mm I want for 15 to 16 cents per round.

I don't use it, but I imagine it is a lower power factor than most boxed high power ammo...  Get some of the advantages of reloading without reloading.

5 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

I don't use it, but I imagine it is a lower power factor than most boxed high power ammo...  Get some of the advantages of reloading without reloading.

Plus it's a certified uspsa ammo so if you fail chrono with it you can still get a score. Probably worth the expense for majors.