Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is it legal to change calibers G35

No mention of caliber in the rulebook...

Appendix D7 -- 21.3
After-market slides and barrels
SLIDES: You may replace the slide with an OFM or aftermarket slide.
BARRELS: You may replace the barrel with an OFM or aftermarket barrel.

Yes.

Theoretically you could even use .40 in CO.  I know someone who uses a light load of .40 in his Glock in production.

I believe the rules only state that it must be a minimum of 9mm but does not mention a max.  If I'm wrong, someone will correct me.

I recall there was a time in Production Div where shooting a Glock 35 with a 9mm barrel was not allowed. IIRC the rationale was Glock never made a G35 chambered in 9mm.  This is back in the blue or maroon rulebook days.  But as noted above, the updated equipment rules in App D4 and D7 allow for aftermarket barrels and slides.  

15 hours ago, 2MoreChains said:

I recall there was a time in Production Div where shooting a Glock 35 with a 9mm barrel was not allowed. IIRC the rationale was Glock never made a G35 chambered in 9mm.  This is back in the blue or maroon rulebook days.  But as noted above, the updated equipment rules in App D4 and D7 allow for aftermarket barrels and slides.  

This. 

The change took place maybe 2-3 years ago as I remember. 

On 6/16/2022 at 1:06 PM, Edwards30 said:

Yes.

Theoretically you could even use .40 in CO.  I know someone who uses a light load of .40 in his Glock in production.

I believe the rules only state that it must be a minimum of 9mm but does not mention a max.  If I'm wrong, someone will correct me.

You can. I did for years in Production, but it's a 4 round handicap to do it in CO. When I switched to CO from Prod I got a 9mm conversion barrel. Prior to the last rulebook revision this wasn't allowed but the language was changed. 

2 hours ago, HCH said:

This. 

The change took place maybe 2-3 years ago as I remember. 

It peaked my curiosity so I went back to the old rulebooks I had laying around.  The requirement for a replacement barrel had to be same caliber as original was in place during the maroon rulebook, but was modified in the 2019 update.  

Edited by 2MoreChains