Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Decisions 627 4" v. 5"

Squirrel45

Yes these are the rosewood. I have run the rubber big butts for a couple years and liked them. However one draw back is that once you grab them it's very hard to shift the grip. I feel in ICORE you have "some time" to adjust a bit. Yet, in steel challenge it's grip it n rip it. These seem to help with that. Plus these wood ones seem larger / think then the rubber ones 

3 hours ago, Squirrel45 said:

Yes these are the rosewood. I have run the rubber big butts for a couple years and liked them. However one draw back is that once you grab them it's very hard to shift the grip. I feel in ICORE you have "some time" to adjust a bit. Yet, in steel challenge it's grip it n rip it. These seem to help with that. Plus these wood ones seem larger / think then the rubber ones 

I tried the rubber BB's and yes the wood is larger and heavier, had to do a lot of whittling to get the BB of the Rubber version so it fit my hand.  Just a little whittling to get the wodd BB's there.  Even whittled down my BB came out at 5.1 ounces vs 2.7 for the JM wood.

I don't like to shift my grip though, I'll shoot with whatever grip I attain at the draw.  The BB does seem to help get that grip right though.

• 2 months later...
On 8/28/2022 at 4:36 PM, Squirrel45 said:

Well after much thought here she is...

Also got a stainless Cricket for our newborn 😎

IMG_20220828_163006626-min.jpg

Looks great I would have gone with the 4” as well had a 5” pc and it was great but for SC and a dot 4” is the way to go 

So far I'm pleased with the setup. Sometimes I still wonder about that trr8, but it may have been to light and thrown me of w my 929 timing. If I get into this full time I may have it sent out to Mark or Clark's, if I can find 8 months I won't need it.