Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which thumb rest?

Bakerjd

On 12/9/2022 at 8:59 AM, frankge said:

Well, for us pedestrians, it helps ;)

Video your shooting in Slow Motion with and without a thumb rest. Watch how the gun returns when the slide snaps forward. Let the footage tell you which setup is “better”.

39 minutes ago, CHA-LEE said:

Video your shooting in Slow Motion with and without a thumb rest. Watch how the gun returns when the slide snaps forward. Let the footage tell you which setup is “better”.

I’ve tried both setups and a thumb rest along with the proper grip made my dot track much more predictably.  

I’ve shot limited guns with them and I agree that on iron sighted guns they don’t offer much benefit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 12:15 AM, Bakerjd said:

I'm a Lefty and love the evil hands one. There is also the everglades one which I like. My limited/Open guns all have the evil hands on them. It covers the ejection port while slide is in battery but I've fired thousands of rounds with it on multiple guns and never any issues. And I have it mounted right in front of the slide stop pin. 

The range panda lefty one isn’t bad, the angle of the pad forces you to roll your weak hand further forward which is better for your grip anyways. I hated it at first but getting more and more used to it. I need to check out the Everglades one…

On 12/10/2022 at 8:25 PM, CHA-LEE said:

Excellent advice, going to try this for sure

On 12/24/2022 at 11:52 PM, CHA-LEE said:

Sheep come in many forms and Classifications.....

I know. I didn't see your other comment saying to take slow motion video and see if it helps or hurts the individual shooter. I did that soon after getting one and it doesn't really help or hurt me. I do get a more consistent grip with it though which does help. Probably could get that same level of consistent if I were to religiously practice but...... ehh I'm not that invested in the game.