Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Want to replace the OEM front sight on my Glock 20

trebore

I am considering a fiber optic in green since this is used as a paper puncher and occasional hunting (vermin) in low light.  Anyone have any experience with FO front sights?  Preference?  Thanks. 

I've used and installed many of the Dawson fiber front sights and myself, I usually use the green fiber as I like how it still lights up like a fiber optic but doesn't "interfere" as much as the red to me.  Dawson is great to work with and makes great products.

Although GREAT in bright daylight, a fiber optic is going to be of limited benefit in low light conditions.

My G20 wears a set of AmeriGlo night sights.

My only caveat would be to watch the height of the front sight.  Large Frame Glocks generally require either a taller rear sight or a shorter front sight than the Small Frame guns.  My 17s and 34s use a .200 front; the 20 uses a .165 tall.

Truglow TFX pro

I have them on my Gen 3 G20, as well as several other pistols.

I’m an evangelist for red dots, but if it’s not a competition pistol and it still has iron sights these are my go too. So, if it’s a pistol I carry, these are the sights. 

I’m 48 and my vision is just starting to deteriorate slightly. I have no problem picking these up with or without my glasses. 

They are bomb proof, and reasonably priced. Less than $100 on Amazon. 

Edited by iflyskyhigh
Link fixed

4 hours ago, trebore said:

Appreciate the replies.  What about durability (protection of the FO rod)?

I typically find my FO rod becomes sooty far before it breaks.  I typically replace them every 6 months or so just to keep them bright.

I do keep spares in my range bag and did have to use it one time.

• 3 weeks later...