Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 24 Limited Build


Recommended Posts

So I am finishing the bottom half of a Glock 24 Limited build and now moving on to the top half where I am looking for either an OEM Glock 24 slide or a Spinta Glock 24 slide (which ever I can get my hands on first) and a KKM barrel. I want to run Super Vel's .40 180 grn Competition Long ammunition with an OAL of 1.185". Super Vel says on the website that they will not fit normal .40 magazines and might not reliably feed in non 1911/2011 platforms. I emailed MBX to see if they're Glock 140mm magazines will fit them but does anyone know if they 1 will fit and two if any other feeding issues may arise.

 

Thanks for the input!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No bueno... 

 

Glock mags (and most other .40 S&W mags) like a maximum OAL of 1.135 or so.  1.125 is better for mine.  The long-loaded stuff is for 1911/2011 platforms that run better that way.

 

Unless you're shooting matches that have a LOT of long and/or tight shots (which I suspect you're not, given the current trends in USPSA), please allow me to recommend a G35 for Limited, instead of the 24.  The 35 is long enough that it has enough sight radius to make a shooter accurate.  The 24 is almost over-kill on Sight Radius.  Many shooters complain that they shoot it slower because they waste the time to achieve a perfect (or danged close) sight picture.  A 24 doesn't need that degree of perfection.  For most shots, if you get the front sight in the same ZIP Code as the rear sight, the shot will be there.  That sounds very advantageous, until you find yourself shooting slower because you see every tiny bit of alignment error and pausing to correct it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shucks. I was hoping that maybe MBX's experience with making 2011 mags and it being just steel could have bought them the room needed to run these longer loaded .40.

 

I am primarily a Production shooter where I shoot a Glock 34. To mix things up and to train to be more aggressive on open targets I am shooting the same gun in A fudgecicle nobody but a few crayon chewers and winder likkers want and just want something different. I have a Glock 31 slide with a Taylor Freelance sight block and a KKM .40 barrel it does not work with the new DC Precision frame weight I have. No offense to TF but I am really not in love with the look of the new generation sight block. I tried finding an older generation one but could not seem to find one.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Glock 20 (with or without a longer slide) with a barrel in.40 would allow long loaded .40 ammo in the mags. You could even still call it a "10mm" and just fire "short 10mm" .40sw through it. ;) 

Edited by sfinney
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, kuletchi1 said:

I've asked www.spintaprecision.com and that's where i got my slide from. Give them a call or email them. They can also make the barrel if needed.  Just sharing

Yea I have been in talks with Sam over there for the last year or so. COVID and the Global supply chain have made it difficult for them to acquire the raw materials. I actually found one of his older generation slides on Ebay and I decided to snag it since the last time I waited I got into this mess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Dirty_J said:

Why are you set on the “long” version of the ammo?

I am not set so to say. I am just trying to see if it would work with something as simple as using MBX mags. If it is not I have a bunch of Glock 22 magazines that I will just run with Taran baseplates if it comes to the long ammo not working. Just trying to figure it out before buying MBX mags and the ammo.

 

Glock 34 & 24.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, horhey232 said:

I am not set so to say. I am just trying to see if it would work with something as simple as using MBX mags. If it is not I have a bunch of Glock 22 magazines that I will just run with Taran baseplates if it comes to the long ammo not working. Just trying to figure it out before buying MBX mags and the ammo.

 

Glock 34 & 24.jpg

An OEM Glock 40 cal tube is 1.20” front to back. An MBX 40 cal Glock tube is 1.235”

 

Neither measurement accounts for the actual angle the round sits in the tube.. just the distance between the parallel walls. 

 

I would say not enough of a difference to go from regular 1.12”/1.13” 40 OAL or 40 Long @ 1.185”

 

If you have access to some 40 long..

bring it to the next match we shoot together. You can try in my MBX 40 mags. 😊 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2022 at 8:53 PM, Dirty_J said:

An OEM Glock 40 cal tube is 1.20” front to back. An MBX 40 cal Glock tube is 1.235”

 

Neither measurement accounts for the actual angle the round sits in the tube.. just the distance between the parallel walls. 

 

I would say not enough of a difference to go from regular 1.12”/1.13” 40 OAL or 40 Long @ 1.185”

 

If you have access to some 40 long..

bring it to the next match we shoot together. You can try in my MBX 40 mags. 😊 

I thought that was you. I was like "I know that avatar from somewhere" lol

 

For sure. Now to see if Super Vel will sell me a test batch or bother one of their sponsored shooters for a few rounds to see if it fits and feeds.

 

This thing still needs a barrel and KKM is like 7 weeks out. I might ask to steal yours for a test 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, horhey232 said:

I thought that was you. I was like "I know that avatar from somewhere" lol

 

For sure. Now to see if Super Vel will sell me a test batch or bother one of their sponsored shooters for a few rounds to see if it fits and feeds.

 

This thing still needs a barrel and KKM is like 7 weeks out. I might ask to steal yours for a test 😅

I got someone bringing me some SuperVel long to Kentucky next week to try. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 12:53 PM, Dirty_J said:

I got someone bringing me some SuperVel long to Kentucky next week to try. 

For those of you following this thread to potentially try the same thing Dirty_J has confirmed that this does NOT work. Looks like I will be sticking to my OEM Glock mags. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...