Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue bullets in pcc

I don't know if there is a difference in the coating between Acme and Bayou and Blue. But Acme and Bayou leaded my PCC comp so badly that I swore off them for PCC. The barrel was fine. The comp had lead welded to it.

Edited by fastlane604
15 hours ago, fastlane604 said:

I don't know if there is a difference in the coating between Acme and Bayou and Blue. But Acme and Bayou leaded my PCC comp so badly that I swore off them for PCC. The barrel was fine. The comp had lead welded to it.

Acme, Bayou, SNS, Gallant, Brazos, etc. use the Hi-Tek coating.  Blue, PC, Precision and a couple others are using a different polymer-type coating.

I've mostly used PC Bullets over the years, but recently switched to Everglades plated rounds as they were close in price plus usually have some decent sales throughout the year.  Now I just need to shoot all the stuff I already made...

Edited by bigdawgbeav

In my experience, Blues are some of the best as far as running similar to plated or FMJs.  In my MBX PCC, they don't gunk anything different than plated or FMJs.  If I had to list a 2nd option, I would go with Brass Monkey Bullets.  They are very quick to ship, consistent, and accurate.  

I do NOT recommend painted bullets thru a PCC. Especially a MPX

Everglades heavy plated 115s are $302/4000 shipped is a great price!  You won’t have to chip crap out of your noise deflector, smokey ammo, or an extra dirty gun to deal with. 

Edited by Bdh821
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, mpmo said:

Just got my JP5 this past week.  Using my Blue bullet 147gn FP, N320, bullet loaded for my shadow 2.  After 500 rounds here is what the comp looks like.  Not great...

IMG_6224.jpeg

I had to chip away the carbon build up on my pcc. i was wondering why it sounded so much softer than usual lol

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Orlandoech said:

same. You using the double plates or jhp?

I’ve been using the version 1 or version 2 plated.

since I use titegroup there is still buildup on the comp after a bunch of matches but I get through way more rounds before cleaning than I did with blues 

2 minutes ago, mellino19 said:

I’ve been using the version 1 or version 2 plated.

since I use titegroup there is still buildup on the comp after a bunch of matches but I get through way more rounds before cleaning than I did with blues 

I had this issue as I said with Berry's and Xtreme, I hated it, so I recently switched to Everglades Double Plated v2 I think it was, not enough time with them to see what the difference is yet. I am using Sport Pistol though, if more than marginally better Ill continue to use them, otherwise Ill go to Everglades JHPs.