Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PT Honcho Open Gun setup "BEST" buy in the business!

chgofirefighter

I don't care what anyone says, but the best investment that money can buy on an open gun is the PT Honcho, the ability to change barrels, shoot different USPSA/3-Gun, Steele challenge, etc matches gives the PT Honcho a leg up on all others! 

Personally I think that the Honcho is by bar none the best buy in the competitive shooting scene but that's just me! 

2 hours ago, philmadxx said:

Just curious, how much does a PT honcho like the one you are referring to cost?  

I just ran thru and did a quick build to see. With everything required to do all of what he said it would be almost 8500

51 minutes ago, xjwalt666 said:

I just ran thru and did a quick build to see. With everything required to do all of what he said it would be almost 8500

You pretty much have to wait for one of the sales with the free barrels.  After that it is a 30-40 week wait to get your gun.  Next likely sale with be the 4th of July so you will get your gun around late Feb-Mar just in time for next year.

1 hour ago, aandabooks said:

You pretty much have to wait for one of the sales with the free barrels.  After that it is a 30-40 week wait to get your gun.  Next likely sale with be the 4th of July so you will get your gun around late Feb-Mar just in time for next year.

Exactly. I ordered a new gun from another builder. Only set up for open tho. With 2 separate barrels and comps for 9mm and 38sc and it's quite a bit less than that. But I also have no desire to have a limited gun since my eyes are garbage. I had looked into these when the race shop first started but decided to stick with the conventional 1911/2011 barrel/link style. 

On 6/4/2022 at 4:07 PM, xjwalt666 said:

Really? Didn't cost me that much to get my triple threat from another builder. 3 complete uppers on one frame setup. Open 9 major, 9 minor sight tracker, and 40 limited sight tracker with sight block. Built using cheely XWF frame, brazos slides, KKM barrels and EGW/EE internals. All DLC coated. Was just about $7,000.00. Entire build from start to finish was just over 2 months. 

Having said that, I do think the PT HONCHO is a fantastic deal for what they provide you. And at least the one person I know who has shot it since before they came to market has had nothing but success with it. 

35 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

Really? Didn't cost me that much to get my triple threat from another builder. 3 complete uppers on one frame setup. Open 9 major, 9 minor sight tracker, and 40 limited sight tracker with sight block. Built using cheely XWF frame, brazos slides, KKM barrels and EGW/EE internals. All DLC coated. Was just about $7,000.00. Entire build from start to finish was just over 2 months. 

Having said that, I do think the PT HONCHO is a fantastic deal for what they provide you. And at least the one person I know who has shot it since before they came to market has had nothing but success with it. 

Yea, I went thru and did 9mm single port, 9mm 3 port, and 40 sight block. Rear racker plate and sight plate, dot and mount, stainless grip, random colors, and thats what it came out to be. Well it was 82** i figured in if there was tax and shipping and FFL transfer if that applies. Plus mags and such I didn't include. 

1 hour ago, xjwalt666 said:

Yea, I went thru and did 9mm single port, 9mm 3 port, and 40 sight block. Rear racker plate and sight plate, dot and mount, stainless grip, random colors, and thats what it came out to be. Well it was 82** i figured in if there was tax and shipping and FFL transfer if that applies. Plus mags and such I didn't include. 

Ohh separate plates idea I like. I didn't include mags or anything either since those are extra either way. I do love the pistol though. 

On 6/5/2022 at 7:25 PM, Bakerjd said:

Ohh separate plates idea I like. I didn't include mags or anything either since those are extra either way. I do love the pistol though. 

It’s all about catching it on the two free barrel sale. I did 3port 9mm, single port 9mm, 40 sight block barrels. 
 Ambi shielded safety, stainless grip, double undercut, both breech blocks,two tone finish, slide racker, rear sight plate, optic mount and all the ano stuff red and mine was 62 and change 

I think it’s worth it.  Getting a Honcho reinvigorated my desire to practice and made me improve pretty rapidly.  And although I didn’t dabble in other gun games much before, it allowed me to dip my toes in whenever I wanted.

For what it’s worth, I also went from B in limited to M in about two matches with the Honcho, so that’s kinda cool!

• 1 month later...

Honcho use to be a great buy then they caught on and the price skyrocketed.

like a previous poster mentioned to get the whole thing with everything its like 8500 now 

no mags no extras

from my own eyes and experience at this price i think i would choose something else if i was thinking of buying now

that is just me 

if other guys are happy im glad they are and have a great outfit

17 hours ago, Npoulson said:

Honcho use to be a great buy then they caught on and the price skyrocketed.

like a previous poster mentioned to get the whole thing with everything its like 8500 now 

no mags no extras

from my own eyes and experience at this price i think i would choose something else if i was thinking of buying now

that is just me 

if other guys are happy im glad they are and have a great outfit

$8,500 for 5-8 guns in one with all the options doesn’t seem like a bad deal. A single barreled open set up came up to right around $5k. Which is on par, if not cheaper than most other builders.