Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision Delta HP V2

I’m new to open. I’ve tried Montana Golds, PDV1s, RMRs and Everglades. All 124 grain. PDV2s are my favorite. I’ve never had a single feeding issue with the V2s. I’ve had feeding issues with the others especially shooting dirty powder like AA7.

I've been using PDV2 124gr for about 1k rounds in my Open gun and all work great. Best way to find out is buy 100 and test. I've had 6 different Open guns and used, Montana Gold, RMR, Precision Delta, Xtreme, Black Bullets, Blue Bullets, Everglades and more. Currently running PD and Everglades 124gr. in my new gun. Find what works for you best. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

May be news to some, but Precision Delta has 3 members in the V.2 family now.  115,124,&147 grainers.  Just got more of the 124’s in and couldn’t resist grabbing some of the 147’s to tinker with.  

E7C72394-05C7-4389-A364-18F503726582.jpeg

23 hours ago, 1911in9mm said:

May be news to some, but Precision Delta has 3 members in the V.2 family now.  115,124,&147 grainers.  Just got more of the 124’s in and couldn’t resist grabbing some of the 147’s to tinker with.  

E7C72394-05C7-4389-A364-18F503726582.jpeg

What's your thoughts on the 147s? 

6 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Do you have to load any shorter compared to your sns ?

No. But both my open guns I can load out to at least 1.120 OAL. just got the new one today and was plunk testing to make sure. I can load pretty much all round nose bullets out to that. My older open gun seems to like 1.165-1.170 best. And since the same gunsmith built the new one I'm assuming it will too. Both built by D2 Customs using KKM barrels. 

9 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

What's your thoughts on the 147s? 

I’ll give you an idea how they shoot this weekend.  Initial impression is very good, the same quality we’ve come to expect from Precision Delta.  

Please post results of the 147 V2’s.  A couple of years ago I think PD (or Zero?) came out with a 147 conical shaped like a Hornady HAP, but they were not accurate with any of my powders. They discontinued those in short order.  Hopefully these will be better.

On 7/22/2022 at 9:48 AM, Boomstick303 said:

Is anyone running these in their PCCs without issue?  If so how many rounds have you ran through your gun?

I’ve run a few thousand of the 115’s and 124’s through mine.  A Scorpion, KR-9, and MP5 clone with no problems.  Hopefully I can get some 147’s loaded up to try before long.  

Make sure you guys are subscribed to the email list. 

There is a new "deal of the week" tab on the site, and the V2's will pop up there from time to time (as inventory allows). An email goes out every time the deal of the week is updated. 

I know I'm biased, but when the V2s do show up there, they are absolutely the best value in a quality sporting JHP you're going to find. 

The 147s should be back in stock within the next couple of weeks. 

Edited by Ssanders224

5 hours ago, Ssanders224 said:

Make sure you guys are subscribed to the email list. 

There is a new "deal of the week" tab on the site, and the V2's will pop up there from time to time (as inventory allows). An email goes out every time the deal of the week is updated. 

I know I'm biased, but when the V2s do show up there, they are absolutely the best value in a quality sporting JHP you're going to find. 

The 147s should be back in stock within the next couple of weeks. 

Can you send it to me an hour before anyone else? Haha