Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo 3XL

Triggerslapper999

4 hours ago, StefVanHauwe said:

I have 3 R3XL's on my open guns. 1 with issues: button to dim doesn't dim anymore ....

This 👆.. With one that has over 3k rounds on it and the other with 1k rounds is good, so far 

I have three R3 Max dots and 1 XL...basically the same thing besides the glass size.  I just sent in one of the Max dots for the same issue, but it had a couple of years and thousands of rounds on it, not to mention dry fire so many hours on the dot and many clicks of the buttons.  Sig sent me a new replacement.

The buttons are a constant problem. It’s the weak point of the optic. The buttons will slowly stop working right. They won’t work at all or they will move multiple brightness levels with one press. 

I’ve sent back countless r3s to sig. they are good about replacing them, but you’d think they would have addressed the problem by now, considering the optic has been around for 3 years.

7 hours ago, Rich406 said:

The buttons are a constant problem. It’s the weak point of the optic. The buttons will slowly stop working right. They won’t work at all or they will move multiple brightness levels with one press. 

I’ve sent back countless r3s to sig. they are good about replacing them, but you’d think they would have addressed the problem by now, considering the optic has been around for 3 years.

Yeah, it's odd to me that they wouldn't correct an obvious design or parts flaw.  It can't be cheaper to keep sending out new replacements, especially given the supply chain issues.

I've been hearing chatter of quite a few having button issues actually. I have a fairly new, bought at beginning of May, XL with less than 1000 rounds on it and the down button is already getting intermittent.

39 minutes ago, robb315 said:

I've been hearing chatter of quite a few having button issues actually. I have a fairly new, bought at beginning of May, XL with less than 1000 rounds on it and the down button is already getting intermittent.

Button failure is pretty much inevitable 

• 2 months later...

My Romeo 3Max just started having trouble the buttons. Sometimes they work, mostly they don't. I'm trying to decide whether to buy a new one, so I have a spare, or figure out how to mount an SRO on the P320 max that the Romeo3Max came on.

Its about 6 months old, probably 4K rounds.

Edited by paulc

19 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Wow. Girlfriend has had hers on 3 guns now without issues. Or at least none she has told me about. 1 legion, one max, amd her open gun. Probably around 7k rounds so far. 

On a frame mount, I don't see problems with the R3s until after 15-20K for the most part.  Slide mount, considerably sooner.

• 3 months later...