Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W M&P

Patrick Sweeney

I tried the 9mm at the Springfield, MAss- Smith & Wesson shooting centre last week while on vacation. I was pleasantly surprised at the accuracy of this pistol. The trigger is different, yet not horrible, broke with a little build up to the end. I used the AE 115gr ammunition they had in store. I felt the recoil to be very manageable, and the grips felt comfortable. Only fired 100rds, but no FTF or any problems. at 10yds, two big ragged holes and a few flyers. At 25 or whatever the farthest was, I had a good under 4" grouping. Not bad for my first time shooting it.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What seems to be the general consensus on recoil spring weight? I'm loving mine so far, and can't wait to get a 5"!!

-Mike

I'm using a ISMI 15Lb Glock Spring, and I'll test the Pro, but I'm liking the standard length.

I never liked the G34, I chose the shorter G17 instead, call me stupid :goof: :goof:

I'm running the same spring I did when I shot Glock 17's. 13# ISMI. My first 9mm has a Glock steel captured guide rod (the old M&P guide wouldn't come apart). My second one runs the 13# on the stock guide rod.

QUOTE(cnemikeman @ Jul 2 2007, 05:05 PM)

What seems to be the general consensus on recoil spring weight? I'm loving mine so far, and can't wait to get a 5"!!

-Mike

Edited by NCShooter

TruGrip available yet for the M&P?

As of now, no. But I used the set for the Glock and it works fine with a little modification.

You did a great job with it too, dc.

-Mike

My M&P 9 is running great with a 13# ISMI spring. I thought the 11# was a little too light, but I'd like to try the 12# Wolff for comparison...

By the way, just shot my 1st USPSA match with is this weekend, and it ran flawlessly. (Wish I could say the same for me! : )

My stippling job on an M&P40. I love this mo-fo of a pistol.

Its a limited gun. Lets hope I can drop the Pro40 slide on this frame when it comes out.

That looks great. How long did it take? I've done similar on STI grips but I think this is even more involved.

Its a limited gun. Lets hope I can drop the Pro40 slide on this frame when it comes out.

That looks great. How long did it take? I've done similar on STI grips but I think this is even more involved.

Ive got a couple of hours in the stippling.

• 3 weeks later...

Talked to a friend who works at a gun shop last week. He said he talked to a S&W rep recently who said the Pro looked "cool"(which I would assume means he's actually seen one), but he gave no actual date when it would be available. Reportedly S&W is waaaayyy behind schedule because of unforseen demand for standard M&Ps by police depts and civilians so release of the Pro is probably still a ways off.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got a couple of hours in the stippling.

I bet! That looks great. The M&P has taken over at my local club... Combo of price and great function I think. Saving my pennies! ;)

C

Hello everyone -

There has been some great information shared about the M&P, but I find it interesting that there seems to be no discussion about the extractor -

From what I have learned, the extractor is a factory-installed part. Although some owners have managed to get the extractor out of the slide, it is not something easily done - and the factory does not offer them for sale -

My source tells me that if the extractor breaks on the M&P, the slide needs to be replaced -

If this is indeed true, this issue is keeping me from buying the M&P - this part in any gun is a very hard service piece of the gun -

Thoughts?

sw