Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Archon Type B

I am thinking of getting one of these pistols as they always seemed like a good pistol. Not looking to use it for competition but would carry it from time to time. Anyone have one and can tell me how they like it and the reliability of it? Thanks

It is as reliable as any other quality semi auto pistol on the market.  I'm not very fond of the grip texture, but the gun sure shoots nice and flat.  If mine was optic ready and had larger-capacity mags, I'd compete with it in a heartbeat.  It's close to Glock 17 size, so not the most conceal-friendly pistola, but it will serve you well.  Replacement parts may be an issue.

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2022 at 7:24 PM, Qbert said:

It is as reliable as any other quality semi auto pistol on the market.  I'm not very fond of the grip texture, but the gun sure shoots nice and flat.  If mine was optic ready and had larger-capacity mags, I'd compete with it in a heartbeat.  It's close to Glock 17 size, so not the most conceal-friendly pistola, but it will serve you well.  Replacement parts may be an issue.

Sadly, it's not a USPSA approved pistol~ 

I own two. I use one for idpa both have several thousand rounds of 124gr ball ammo through them. They both have some hollow point round though them. I have had zero malfunctions, we’re  taking about 9k rounds between the two pistols. 

However, both have broken one sear each after the 2k mark. One also broke the ejector or extractor. The company has warranted all parts. They actually sometimes just ship me the part with no need to send in the gun. 

I am in love with this guns function, and aesthetics. The internals are a bit complicated, or not simple. 

If you like Glocks you’ll like the type b even more. If you can get one do it. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, valerko said:

I have tHe original Strike  B , best striker fired trigger hands down and lowest bore axis out of all my guns . Not sure why they are not more popular

The trigger design is very well implemented. I love it. The gun shoots amazing. It’s not more popular because it’s not readily available and because I keep buying them up lol. I own two and I’m getting a third once there in stock.