Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Edge Trigger

ShootingPilot

I haven’t heard of this particular trigger but can personally recommend www.tacticaltriggers.com or a Timney. Both of those never gave me any issues with setting off primers and were far lighter than stock. 

I think Tactical Triggers is still having a sale even. 

I had one like 10 years ago when triggers were limited. Nothing special.

The Timney is cheaper and is outstanding. The only caveat is that out if the box, the tolerance on Glocks is all over the place, so it probably wont work great, sticky reset, and have striker drag. But if you’re willing to spend the time to figure out where you need to polish and tune the connector, it’s great.

Here’s my Timney. No issues at all. #2.5 crisp break. Short snappy reset with the light return spring 

I've worked on, installed, and used many different triggers in Glock pistols and used them for EDC and competitions.  I've also worked on triggers in various other firearms over many years, so I have some frame of reference for good versus not so good triggers.  If you want the best competition trigger, for the money, get a Timney Alpha for your Glock.  The only caveat is...you might need to have some knowledge tuning triggers or know someone who does as tolerances do vary and whatever trigger you pick might not simply drop in and may need some TLC.

I purchased 3 Timney Alpha triggers and sent them to Johnny Glock for tuning. All 3 dropped into my 34s and 26 and are terrific. If you aren’t that mechanically inclined, this is the path I’d take. Pricey, but the best Glock triggers I’ve ever shot. Hope this helps. 

21 hours ago, love2fishnshoot said:

I had the edge in a g34 a few years ago. It was alright. Only a little better than a TTI spring and connector kit honestly. My favorite Glock trigger to date is a DK custom. Haven’t tried a timney yet though 

21 hours ago, love2fishnshoot said:

I had the edge in a g34 a few years ago. It was alright. Only a little better than a TTI spring and connector kit honestly. My favorite Glock trigger to date is a DK custom. Haven’t tried a timney yet though 

I have tried many of the triggers available for Glocks and tImney has the lightest trigger pull of all.

On 6/2/2022 at 10:32 PM, love2fishnshoot said:

I’ll definitely try a timney in another Glock build if I ever get to it. Especially since I can no longer get a DK custom one 

I had DK triggers that I put in two Glock 17 pistols for USPSA and they were the best I found with over 10 years of playing with Glock triggers.  Then I upgraded one to a Timney and could not believe how much better it was!  I had to upgrade my other G17 so both pistols fit and feel exactly the same since one is a backup in case my primary goes down.  Anyway...I could go on and on about how great the Timney trigger design is and if you study how they work you will come away a believer just like me.  The design is totally unique compared to any other Glock trigger and the end result is the best Glock trigger you will ever feel.  As close as you are likely to get to a good single action trigger if it is installed and tuned properly.

3 hours ago, ShredderTactical said:

I had DK triggers that I put in two Glock 17 pistols for USPSA and they were the best I found with over 10 years of playing with Glock triggers.  Then I upgraded one to a Timney and could not believe how much better it was!  I had to upgrade my other G17 so both pistols fit and feel exactly the same since one is a backup in case my primary goes down.  Anyway...I could go on and on about how great the Timney trigger design is and if you study how they work you will come away a believer just like me.  The design is totally unique compared to any other Glock trigger and the end result is the best Glock trigger you will ever feel.  As close as you are likely to get to a good single action trigger if it is installed and tuned properly.

Did your timney drop in without any tuning or had to send off to Johnny for tune like the above posters mentioned?

14 hours ago, love2fishnshoot said:

Did your timney drop in without any tuning or had to send off to Johnny for tune like the above posters mentioned?

I dropped the Timney's in my Glock 17's and as far as function and pull weight they worked well.  The Timney's in both guns break at 2 lbs 8oz with a Lyman digital trigger gauge and I just verified those measurements (several times) to make sure I'm not fudging the data.  But, to be honest those guns have many other parts that I have installed and/or tuned that contribute to that low pull weight and also allow me to tune the pre-travel and over-travel to work best for me.  Also, I modified the trigger shoe on the Timney triggers by removing the shoe and then used a handmill (dremel) to cut a small notch in the backside which enabled me to remove virtually all the pre-travel.  I still have about 1-2mm of pre-travel, but that's needed just to take up the flex in the trigger parts as the trigger is pressed and also allow the trigger safety tab to get out of the way on trigger press and to reset/catch on trigger release.  One of the extra parts I installed is a Charlie Vanek Trigger Housing that has both pre-travel and over-travel adjustment screws, so I can tune the pre-travel and over-travel easily at the trigger housing, regardless of whatever trigger shoe I run.  Then when I re-installed the trigger shoe on the trigger bar I also replaced the small spring that pushes the trigger safety tab out, as I don't  like to feel that safety tab when I press on the trigger (my trigger snobbery comes from my background shooting long range precision rifles out to 1,000+ yards on the PRS competition circuit).

So, after dropping in the Timney triggers, plus adding the above mods, I have triggers that are about as light as I believe I can go and I still have all the original Glock designed safeties working at 100%.  I have just over 1,600 rounds on my primary gun and just over 1,000 rounds on my backup (2,600 rounds total and going strong) fired in training and matches running the Timney triggers as configured above.  All rounds fired at 100% reliability, no trigger or gun problems.  I have several friends who shoot USPSA with high dollar single action guns (Atlas, Cheely, STI, CZ, etc) who walk away and can't believe how smooth and light a Glock trigger can be!  Many have also upgraded their own Glocks with Timney triggers after they demo mine.

Edited by ShredderTactical
Correction.

Good info, of where to start.

I’m also a trigger snob to a large extent…. The Timney in my G34 uses all stock upper and lower parts other than the trigger kit. One of the beautiful things about this design is you can use stock striker springs and unmodified non lightened strikers and not really have a heavier trigger. As Shredder said, if you absolutely need ALL take up and over travel out, no fudge factor, you can tune it further with overtravel screws etc. a Vanek or similar modded  housing can get you there.

I have shot primarily 1.75 to 2 pound sa triggers in Limited and Open SV and STI guns over the years, and very VERY much prefer a 1911 trigger to a striker trigger. And have also shot and liked some range only long range rifle super light Jewel triggers - perfection.

This Timney is not a high dollar 1911 trigger or precision rifle trigger. But it’s the best least hassle striker trigger for a Glock  I’ve tried ….  Drop in or otherwise, that still keeps safeties in tact and seems reliable with ANY primer, not just soft Federals.

Canik Salient triggers are darn nice out of the box, and my tuned Sig Grayguns triggers were decent (but never liked the reset feel).

But I like the Timney Alpha in my Gen 5 better. 

• 1 month later...

Seeing all this praise makes me think I should give it another go. I coudln't get it to work in my gun.

Quesiton though is the Timney legal for USPSA Carry Optics? Someone at the range told me it wasn't.

8 hours ago, JesseM said:

Seeing all this praise makes me think I should give it another go. I coudln't get it to work in my gun.

Quesiton though is the Timney legal for USPSA Carry Optics? Someone at the range told me it wasn't.

They're wrong. It is legal in both idpa co and uspsa co.

9 hours ago, GigG said:

Was that "someone" an NROI RO?

Some random dude that was practicing at my local range. I'd seen him at matches before. One of those types that has to talk to you while you're trying to practice.

12 hours ago, rowdyb said:

They're wrong. It is legal in both idpa co and uspsa co.

I kind of figured but I thought I'd ask.