Beginner Holster

As I'm starting out, I would like to keep my budget from getting out of hand with things I'll change a couple of years later.  That being said I will need a holster\belt to start competing. I would like to find something which would allow me to compete without breaking the bank. What would be a good belt\holster combination to start with? Something below $150 would be great! 

58 minutes ago, ShootingPilot said:

As I'm starting out, I would like to keep my budget from getting out of hand with things I'll change a couple of years later.  That being said I will need a holster\belt to start competing. I would like to find something which would allow me to compete without breaking the bank. What would be a good belt\holster combination to start with? Something below $150 would be great! 

Pick one out of here for the division that you're going to start with https://benstoegerproshop.com/belts-holsters-pouches/kits/complete-rig/

For 150 bucks you might need to settle for a single layer belt and a set of cheap kydex holster and mag pouches

2 hours ago, ShootingPilot said:

If it makes a difference, I will be shooting a Glock 35 and in probably in Limited Division. 

That will definitely work.  However, the thing that is missing and that keeps it below $200 is this: https://benstoegerproshop.com/bsps-boss-doh-holster-hanger-hanger-mount-only/.   

The BOSS hanger makes the draw infinitely easier and it will take any holster than has the ultra-common Blade-Tech hole pattern on the side facing the belt.

I highly recommend you increase your budget another 50 bucks.

Thanks for the input - they are sold out of the kit but I have found all of the pieces separately for about the same price as the kit. The one real question I am left with is rather the CR Speed "HI-TORQUE" Deluxe Range Belt is worth getting as opposed to the standard CR Speed "HI-TORQUE" Range Belt. I'll definitely be adding the BOSS DOH Holster Hanger to my list of upgrades for this set up. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 9:18 PM, dapribek said:

If you’re on a tight budget, I’d suggest just going with the standard belt and put the extra cash towards the Boss hangar. 

Right on here..