Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cutting a trubor barrel

kewi

new to open. i have an open gun on the way with a trubor barrel. figured it will be nose heavy due to it having the trubor barrel and i don't like nose heavy guns. i was thinking of having my smith cut the last chamber of the comp in order to lighten it a bit, but i was worried it may lessen the effectivity of the comp..btw changing the barrel to have a titanium comp is not an option for me at the moment..im also changing the grips to steel as i've read from the forums that it does soak up recoil pretty well..hope to hear what the open guys think about this.IMG_20220530_175304.jpg.2e5f177f0053068142a309b44fc79479.jpg

IMG_20220530_175347.jpg

2 hours ago, Rnlinebacker said:

I have a Brazos with a trubor barrel. It's not nose heavy. Load and send it

do you have slide lightening cuts with it? and what grip are you using, plastic or steel? im asking because im also curious as to how it will balance if i change the grip to steel..also does you brazos have popple holes? 

8 hours ago, kewi said:

do you have slide lightening cuts with it? and what grip are you using, plastic or steel? im asking because im also curious as to how it will balance if i change the grip to steel..also does you brazos have popple holes? 

The slide comes with some ports in it but no popple holes as 9 major doesn't benefit enough from it it. I have an Infinity steel grip on it. It is also a short dust cover.

I also have a BUL armory Bullesteros full dust cover that I rebuilt with the an Atlas open style slide. No cuts, all the metal along with the grip and it shoots balanced too.

7lb ISMI recoil springs in both.

19 hours ago, Rnlinebacker said:

thanks for the input guys. i'll leave the comp as it is. lastly, will popple holes be of great help as to the flatness of the gun with this trubor  with steel grip setup? or shall i leave it as it is (without holes)? sorry for the noob question.

• 3 weeks later...