Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Next shooter etiquette.

On 5/26/2022 at 8:43 PM, Mcfoto said:

When this happens, I just say “Excuse me, I’m on deck and I’d like to walk my plan.” Usually gets a range hog to back down.

That's a civil way to deal with this. If that doesn't work, speak with the RO or MD. That shooter's behavior is unsportsmanlike conduct. 

On 5/30/2022 at 4:25 PM, BritinUSA said:

It’s sad that this is even necessary. 

It is, but is becoming more common.  Just like established (and new) shooters not knowing where they are in the order or who they shoot after. SMH

10 hours ago, vluc said:

It is, but is becoming more common.  Just like established (and new) shooters not knowing where they are in the order or who they shoot after. SMH

hey, you kids! get off my lawn!! 😉

so if that’s happening where you shoot, its your fault for not educating new shooters in etiquette. when it happens here, its my fault. we should all strive to do better.

I can be exceptionally blunt if someone gets in my way when it is my walk through. I'm not there to make friends. And on the flip side, no matter how nervous or confused I am about a stage I haven't figured out I make sure not to do others what would annoy me.

11 hours ago, motosapiens said:

hey, you kids! get off my lawn!! 😉

so if that’s happening where you shoot, its your fault for not educating new shooters in etiquette. when it happens here, its my fault. we should all strive to do better.

They get educated, they just need reminded.  Some of us can't be everywhere, it's incumbent on all of us to teach.

On 5/26/2022 at 8:51 PM, RJH said:

You could always go with, "hey mother f***** is your paster gun broken" 

Or something along those lines

yes, the best response, i lol'd, even snickered!

6 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

If it becomes an issue then adding some verbiage to the WSB to remind people may alleviate the problem.

some very good ROs (like george jones), do this. the rest of us probably should too. thanks for the reminder. i’ll add that in for tomorrow’s a1 squads.