Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 5 Glock 34 barrel which one

Raz22582

Converting my Glock 34 gen 5 from open class gun back to carry optics so I need a new barrel... should I just buy another oem or get like a kkm or another known reputable company. 

Stock is my vote.  There is some informal testing on youtube with Ransom Rests and many after market barrels are less accurate.  I have been a long time Glock guy and the Gen 5 gun are more accurate IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Stock OEM Glock barrels work just fine for USPSA type shooting that depend on practical accuracy.  I have two G17 Gen 4 pistols I use for USPSA, with stock OEM barrels, and accuracy has never been a problem (sometimes the shooter has problems but not the gun ;-)).  I have many thousands of rounds on both guns and still no sign of accuracy problems or need to spend money on new barrels.  The Gen 5 barrels are supposed to be even more accurate, but I'm skeptical based on the accuracy I get from my Gen 4 barrels.

For minor PF, I’ve never had any issues with stock barrels in Gen3, 4, or 5. They have all been plenty more accurate than me. I guess that doesn’t say much about my ability as a shooter if I can’t even outshoot my Gen3 Glocks…

• 3 weeks later...

There was some fixture testing done, comparing the GMB barrel (the Gen5 barrel) and some aftermarket barrels.  The GMB was more accurate than all of the aftermarket conventionally-rifled barrels.

• 2 weeks later...

My Gen 5 34 Barrel is as accurate as all my other factory Glock barrels.  The only thing I found with the Gen 5 is I can't load to my typical length, 1.125.  I had to drop back to 1.100 with Blue Bullet 115 and 125 round nose.  MGB 115 JHP's are fine at 1.125.

On 6/8/2022 at 10:10 AM, ShredderTactical said:

Stock OEM Glock barrels work just fine for USPSA type shooting that depend on practical accuracy.  I have two G17 Gen 4 pistols I use for USPSA, with stock OEM barrels, and accuracy has never been a problem (sometimes the shooter has problems but not the gun ;-)).  I have many thousands of rounds on both guns and still no sign of accuracy problems or need to spend money on new barrels.  The Gen 5 barrels are supposed to be even more accurate, but I'm skeptical based on the accuracy I get from my Gen 4 barrels.

Don’t be. Gen 4 does not equal Gen 5. 
It’s not smoke and mirrors.

On 6/8/2022 at 11:10 AM, ShredderTactical said:

100% this

We're not shooting bullseye.  Same goes for endlessly wasting time and components chasing that perfect load.