Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How long did it take to decide on new gun for a division you shoot?

How long did it take to decide on new gun for a division you shoot?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Answer ONLY IF…you’ve shot one gun in a division for over one year, then you started thinking seriously about switching make and model of gun while staying in that same division…AND you have to have made the switch (unless you choose #7). How long did that decision process take, from starting to think seriously about it until actually making the switch?

• Less than 24 hours.
    • Two or three days.
    • About one week.
    • Two to three weeks.
    • About one month.
    • Several months, but less than one year.
    • I started looking at options more than one year ago and still can’t decide!

Thought this would be a fun topic to share some data, specifically, the amount of time that we put into a decision to switch guns in a division we have been shooting for some time.

As for me...I've been shooting Carry Optics for about 6 years now (started when it was just a provisional division) using a Glock 17 Gen 4 MOS pistol.  I enjoy shooting Glocks and have made extensive mods to my competition gun and thinking I have taken the Glock platform about as far as I can to make it fast, 100% reliable, and be a natural extension of my hands (with trigger, controls, grip).  So, I've been thinking about making additional changes (with grip and weight) that would be easier to move forward with by just switching guns.  That got me thinking about how much time we put into a decision like this and maybe it would at least entertaining to see some data just to add some humor, if nothing else!

I realize switching guns is not likely to make me a better shooter or increase my scores, but sometimes it's fun just to experiment and add some new flavor into the sport that we love.

4 hours ago, ShredderTactical said:

Thought this would be a fun topic to share some data, specifically, the amount of time that we put into a decision to switch guns in a division we have been shooting for some time.

As for me...I've been shooting Carry Optics for about 6 years now (started when it was just a provisional division) using a Glock 17 Gen 4 MOS pistol.  I enjoy shooting Glocks and have made extensive mods to my competition gun and thinking I have taken the Glock platform about as far as I can to make it fast, 100% reliable, and be a natural extension of my hands (with trigger, controls, grip).  So, I've been thinking about making additional changes (with grip and weight) that would be easier to move forward with by just switching guns.  That got me thinking about how much time we put into a decision like this and maybe it would at least entertaining to see some data just to add some humor, if nothing else!

I realize switching guns is not likely to make me a better shooter or increase my scores, but sometimes it's fun just to experiment and add some new flavor into the sport that we love.

I switched to the Canik Rival, now I have 3 of them. I have a pile of Glocks I haven't touched in 6 month's.. Love the Canik Rival.