Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PT Honcho Sale worth it?

Maxwell914

So PT is running a sale to the end of this week in the Honcho race shop 2 free barrels and 25% off. Priced my build out to $3500 which seems to be a pretty stellar deal for an open pistol. Is there anything else in that price range worth looking at? Is the honcho GTG/worth the money/wait? 

8 hours ago, Maxwell914 said:

So PT is running a sale to the end of this week in the Honcho race shop 2 free barrels and 25% off. Priced my build out to $3500 which seems to be a pretty stellar deal for an open pistol. Is there anything else in that price range worth looking at? Is the honcho GTG/worth the money/wait? 

You may want to read their sale post again. Didn’t say anything about 2 free barrels

If you don't mind waiting, it's worth it in my opinion. Just don't be in a hurry, if you haven't already, you may want to read through the "people still waiting on Honcho's" thread to make a decision. 

I have 10 close friends that have multiple Honcho's, they all run great and only 2 have had issues, both were due to the shooter not oiling the gun as outlined in the Honcho society forum. I ordered my gun in February, I spoke with serval of those friends as they are on the team and they were very transparent and told me about all the issues you will read about online, the biggest being the issues PT is having with the companies they are using for coating. So, with full transparency I decided to order one anyway, within 7 weeks of paying my deposit, my gun was sent to coating. How long will it be there? No one really knows, but I'm not shooting right now with my wife's new work schedule, so as much as I wish I had the gun, I don't have the time to shoot it right now.

I'm optimistic that I'll be happy with mine, whenever it may be that it arrives. 

PT recently claimed on FB, that their wait times are just 16 weeks. However, for context, I'm at 9 months and still waiting. 

Probably best to have the same mind-set as when buying a suppressor (pre e-form)... i.e., Buy it and forget it.

Shoot another division for this season.

Just know going in, that their order forms state (in bold):

We cannot guarantee any lead times on Honchos. While we do our best to deliver every gun as quickly as possible, we are still seeing delays and supply issues.

and...

All sales are final and no refunds will be provided.

• 2 weeks later...