Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

550 getting hard to Rotate

I have a new Dillon 550C, and it's strange.  because you start reloading and it gets tight, and won't turn.  Then you have to back it up a couple of turns and then you go forward again. I've called Dillon's twice and they haven't returned to my call.  So I come here and ask you guys what's the deal how to make a stop doing this.

Edited by usmc1974

There’s a set screw that’s visible when the shell plate is all the way up that keeps the large screw in the shell plate from getting tighter when rotating.      Sorry you’ll have to to forgive me as I don’t know the technical terms for these parts but that’s what sounds like the issue is to me.  

5E4AAF4D-02B8-465A-B748-77CE6DC9AB61.jpeg

1 hour ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

There’s a set screw that’s visible when the shell plate is all the way up that keeps the large screw in the shell plate from getting tighter when rotating.      Sorry you’ll have to to forgive me as I don’t know the technical terms for these parts but that’s what sounds like the issue is to me.  

5E4AAF4D-02B8-465A-B748-77CE6DC9AB61.jpeg

I did not, thank you so much! that did the  Trick. Once again BEF  Brothers to the rescue.

Another tip is to tighten the bolt that holds the shellplate all the way down, then back off just the tiniest bit, till the shellplate turns, but doesn't wiggle up and down, then tighten the set screw. This will get your OAL variations down (if you are having OAL issues).

37 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

Another tip is to tighten the bolt that holds the shellplate all the way down, then back off just the tiniest bit, till the shellplate turns, but doesn't wiggle up and down, then tighten the set screw. This will get your OAL variations down (if you are having OAL issues).

With a piece of brass in all stations!

2 hours ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

Your welcome. Glad I could help even though my terminology wasn’t quite the bes On the contrary

On the contrary, The terminology was perfect. Took care of the problem