Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Raleigh Clubs

I've accepted a new job, which requires me to relocate to the Raleigh area and it appears there's no lack of matches to shoot in the area, but what wasn't so clear are the options, with respect to clubs.  I'm hoping some locals can chime in with options for clubs to potentially join, with quality facilities.  I saw Sir Walter was convenient, from a location perspective, but also had a membership cap.  

Any guidance would be appreciated!

On 5/2/2022 at 1:48 PM, RacerX1166 said:

Thanks for that.  Wow, it's almost an hour drive from Raleigh.  Guess my club 10 minutes away here in KS has spoiled me.

I shoot some monthly matches at both SWGC and True North (3 hour drive each way for me to either one).  They should both be about the same driving distance from Raleigh.  Another good outdoor club/range without a current membership cap is PCWC (Pitt County Wildlife Club).  I shoot monthly matches at PCWC, do my training there, and I'm also a member and can recommend it as a good range for your training/shooting needs.  PCWC is likely an hour or so from Raleigh, but it's a two hour drive for me each way so it's all relative.  There are a few other regular matches around the Raleigh area as well.