Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Classic At PASA Scores from Yesteryear

BadShot

10 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

They are not on the USPSA web-site, anything older than 2010 was going to be added to a separate page, but it shows as still under construction.

Might be worth emailing USPSA direct to get a response.

I don't think it was a sanctioned USPSA match prior to the Nationals merge in 2006.

ETA: Gary Stevens would probably know...

I emailed PASA and asked them.  This answered right away:

Sorry, the person who was in charge of SS back in the olden days died several years ago.

So, I don't think that they have them....

Edited by BadShot

16 hours ago, BadShot said:

I emailed PASA and asked them.  This answered right away:

Sorry, the person who was in charge of SS back in the olden days died several years ago.

So, I don't think that they have them....

I asked TGO if he had any idea who may have the scores and he said he had no idea but he could help with who won 😉 

On 4/18/2022 at 11:14 AM, ChuckS said:

I don't think it was a sanctioned USPSA match prior to the Nationals merge in 2006.

ETA: Gary Stevens would probably know...

I can't remember which year it was but I shot the 1st Single Stack Nationals at PASA. I won my class in the 1st one so I've got a plaque in a box in a closet here somewhere and it'll have the date on it. I may be off but I'm thinking 2005 or 2006 and that specific match was a standalone Nationals that year. I wish I had been able to shoot the match even before it was a sanctioned USPSA match.

Its a shame that this information (and more besides) is being lost. I know the org is going through a lot of changes right now, but I'd like to see them gathering as much historic data as possible and storing it online.

Not just results, but old match books and rule books could be scanned in along with photos and videos. Admittedly a lot of work but I think it would be worth it to create an online library of this stuff.

• 1 month later...

PASA continues to put on a single stack match, the PASA Single Stack Classic. It's a one day match. This year it had 11 stages.  The organizers use many of the stages from past SS Classic matches.  It's a great match and a great time.  It gives me an excuse once a year to get the SS out of the safe, dust it off, shoot the match and give my CO gun a short break.