Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1986 Dillon SDB

I just scored a 1986 dillon SDB for 10 bucks at a scrap yard still in original box. What do I need to upgrade in it to make it run what should I replace?

looks like it wasnt used much but age along might dictate a replacement of bearings?

Alright I am probably going to sound stupid. I want to do this myself. I enjoy messing with things fixing things up or just taking them apart and messing with them.

Due to work and school I am kinda stuck home right now, so I will have something to do at home.

I don't have an SDB. However I do have a 650 and an 1100.

Assuming you are interested in this sort of thing, which it sounds like you are, and a reasonable tool chest there is nothing going on with these machines that you can't handle.

It is entirely possible for you to tear these things down to the component parts and put it back together again.

Numerous Youtube videos, Facebook groups, this forum if you have a question or get stuck.

6 hours ago, Petrov said:

Also are quick change mounts from inline fab sturdy enough for SDB? (Im thinking flushmount)

Inline fab is good stuff. They are an often recommended after market supplier for press enhancements.

Had a SDB on an inline fab bench mount. My 550 is on one. Have various other items on the brackets. Vice,single stage press. wilson case trimer just to name a few.

I still have my 1987-vintage SD that’s been updated to the SDB configuration.  I called Dillon tech support a few years ago to ask a question about a powder dispensing problem and by the end of the conversation, Dillon’s tech was sending me all the parts I needed, at no cost.  

Edited by ChuckS1

Ordered a new upgrade kit for it for the powder throw.

Ordered a shell plate too. Loose/poorly aligned pawl that pushes the plate forwared chewed up the inside of the shell plate and now it snaps instead of advancing. Dont need my powder spilled.