Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent in my application about a week and a half ago. How long does it normally take to show up on the squad sheet?

Your match application has to go through two sets of hands before it gets to Bill, and then he'll enter you in the database. Once that happens you'll receive an email (if you provided one) with your password to the online self-squadding.

He checks in here regularly, too.

...Mark

Will there be stages posted???

Bill told me Tuesday night he's starting work on the match booklet this week, so they should be available before too long.

I'm sure we'll see an update with a link posted here when he's finished.

Here it is. 2006 USPSA Area 6 Championship Match Book (3.3mg)

And I gotta tell a story on Mark, by the way. Look at the Brazos Custom Ltd gun in his avatar. He's used to operating the slide by front serrations. Well... there aren't any on this gun so after blazing through a speed shoot last tuesday night, he grabbed the front of the slide to unload and pressed through the holes to the bbl and got a Brazos Custom slide-lightening-shaped blister on his finger! :lol:

Thanks for getting the match book up, Bill. Looks good.

===================================

*A worthy note from the section, "Inspection":

"Early inspection of a stage is permitted by competitors only if a squad is not currently on the course of fire or getting ready to begin it. Do not operate any of the moving targets or props that activate such movers. If the RO staff is present on a stage, please extend to them the professional courtesy of asking before inspecting the course of fire."

Stage 7 - "Starry Eyed"

Does anything get either of the Texas Stars moving prior to engaging, as happened at last year's match?

I still wake up screaming in the middle of the night from the experience . . .

That stage was "Star Struck". I designed that one, so I don't whether to thank you or apologise. It *was* fun!

The stars on "Starry Eyed" will be static at the start of the CoF. No external activators were planned.

But now that you mention it...... ;)

Stage 7 - "Starry Eyed"

Does anything get either of the Texas Stars moving prior to engaging, as happened at last year's match?

I still wake up screaming in the middle of the night from the experience . . .

That stage was "Star Struck". I designed that one, so I don't whether to thank you or apologise. It *was* fun!

My congratulations on the design . . . very challenging!

The stars on "Starry Eyed" will be static at the start of the CoF. No external activators were planned.

But now that you mention it...... ;)

Don't go out of your way on my account . . . . please, please, don't go out of your way! :(

And I gotta tell a story on Mark, by the way. Look at the Brazos Custom Ltd gun in his avatar. He's used to operating the slide by front serrations. Well... there aren't any on this gun so after blazing through a speed shoot last tuesday night, he grabbed the front of the slide to unload and pressed through the holes to the bbl and got a Brazos Custom slide-lightening-shaped blister on his finger!

So you got the "BRAZO BLISTER" :blink: Just how hot is a Brazo bbl anyway? :D:D:D

BTW, I'm going to try to make it Thursday morning, for the final set up and Friday ROing. As long as work will let me.

Ronnie

If you can't take the heat, keep your fingers off of the bbl.

I just looked at the match book and only have one thing to say ()*&)& Hurricane Dry Run. I want to go to this match bad and can not. I work for a Florida electric utility and the week before the match weekend we play hurricane leaving no time to drive up.

Y’all have fun.

:angry::angry::angry:

Bill,

Is there anyway to list the different shooters info (Division & Class) from the Area 6 signup? I though some people (myself included) might like to know how many people are signed up in their div & class.

Thanks,

GlockSpeed31

Bill,

Is there anyway to list the different shooters info (Division & Class) from the Area 6 signup? I though some people (myself included) might like to know how many people are signed up in their div & class.

Thanks,

GlockSpeed31

I individually clicked on each shooter on the self squadding page that was in Limited to see what class they were in. I guess that takes too long but when you're bored at work, you'll do almost anything IPSC related to keep yourself occupied. Too bad I can't dryfire in my office...

Bill,

Thanks,

GlockSpeed31

I individually clicked on each shooter on the self squadding page that was in Limited to see what class they were in. I guess that takes too long but when you're bored at work, you'll do almost anything IPSC related to keep yourself occupied. Too bad I can't dryfire in my office...

Yeah,

I was doing that, but got tired of that. Didn't know if they had a list that could be posted or emailed.

Any one know which vendors may be at the match?

The Sponsors that will have tables at Area 6 so far are: Accurate Edge, Atlanta Arms & Ammo, Brazos Custom, CPWSA, HSSH Swartout, i-Shot, Millennium Custom, Precision Bullets, Saw Custom, STI, SVI-Infinity, Techwear USA, Tennessee Custom Steel Targets.

Match Sponsor - i-Shot has generously donated an embroidered magazine pouch with the match logo on it to each registered shooter. Many thanks to Helmie Ashiblie and Suzy Kim at i-Shot.

We will be having another 'Send 2 Area 6 Juniors to Camp' raffle. This year's custom limited gun to be raffled off is being done by Derek Janowicz of Millennium Custom. Many thanks to Derek and crew for getting this done for us along with all the other things like the Florida State Match. Don't forget to buy your tickets when you register! Tickets will be $5 each or 5 for $20.

Thanks again to Chuck Bradley of Shooter's Connection for his support with targets, pasters and shooting bags!

Other sponsors for the match not setting up a table are: Antler Printing, Beretta, Brownells, CZ USA, Competitive Edge Dynamics, D & G Precision, Decot, DPMS, Glock, Montana Gold Bullet, Para Ordnance, Pro-Tech Co., R/T Targets, Redding Reloading, SPA-Shooter's Depot, Safariland, Speed Shooter Specialties, Springfield Armory, Trijicon, US Shooting Academy, XS Sights.

Thanks to everyone for their support!

Cindy

Edited by GAPEACH

Well thanks to Bill and Cindy Noyes, I received my verification earlier today. I am a very happy camper! :D Thanks Cindy and Bill.

I signed up for Squad 88 on Friday. It looked like several folks from here are on that squad. I look forward to meeting each of you.

The good news is that for the next two weeks, none of us have dropped a point! :) The bad news is that we still have two weeks to wait. :angry:

See you there.

The match is now officially full.

If you have not sent in your entry yet, CALL before doing so.

There MAY be at a given time an isolated SINGLE slot available for Friday, assuming that someone has dropped out.

Right now, as of the time of this posting, there are NOT any Friday slots available. There are NO slots available for anything having to do with Sat or Sun.

770-460-7436.

Thanks to all those who have registered. We'll see you on May 5th.