Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prone “Rules”?

Shooting my first Crawfish and Bianchi Cup this year. I have a Protocall Prone Pad with a flat plate installed on the bottom. I often find myself needing to build of the ground a bit under my mat to get sights on target. 

I’ve read somewhere on here that there are some restrictions on how you’re allowed to manipulate the ground under the mat. 

Any thoughts? Can I scoop a little extra gravel under my mat?

Attached is the link to the current rules. (January 2020)

http://rulebooks.nra.org/documents/pdf/compete/RuleBooks/Action/act-book.pdf

Check pages 15-16, Rules 5.12- Firing Position. It states "no rearrangment of the ground for support shall be allowed". 

That is the literal rule, but I don't know that I have ever seen it enforced. I've seen it done at both matches. 

1 hour ago, TheSouthernMarksman said:

Shooting my first Crawfish and Bianchi Cup this year. I have a Protocall Prone Pad with a flat plate installed on the bottom. I often find myself needing to build of the ground a bit under my mat to get sights on target. 

I’ve read somewhere on here that there are some restrictions on how you’re allowed to manipulate the ground under the mat. 

Any thoughts? Can I scoop a little extra gravel under my mat?

We have a Prone Pad Extension that will give you another inch of height. You can replace the Prone Pad Base Plate (Little Foot) with it. Unfortunately, there is no way to use both at the same time.

Give us a call or e-mail Tracy if you want to order one. We have them in silver and black.

4 hours ago, Toolguy said:

We have a Prone Pad Extension that will give you another inch of height. You can replace the Prone Pad Base Plate (Little Foot) with it. Unfortunately, there is no way to use both at the same time.

Give us a call or e-mail Tracy if you want to order one. We have them in silver and black.

I think it’s the angle of the pad for me. I might need to shave the angle. But it’s on Hobbie’s metallic long slide right now. Hobbie’s still got my open gun, so we’ll see for Crawfish and then I’ll try and get it adjusted how I light for Bianchi. It could all change. 

hmmm…adjustable base plate? 😈

Double stack prone pad still in the works? 

Someone else was making a double stack prone pad, in another Bianchi thread, in 2018. So we didn't pursue it. You might get with them about that. 

If you want an adjustable angle prone pad, you can just back off the setscrew on the PD one. Check to make sure the mainspring housing pin doesn't migrate out sideways if you do that.