Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ULINE Target bags

Who uses Uline bags for target bags for wet weather? Dry cleaning bags suck so I want to get the good bags many folks use now. What sizes did you get and what mil thickness works best?

45 minutes ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

Following 

Seems like 4 mil bags on uline are them but just trying to get verification. 20 X 30 and 20 X 48. They just cost a lot so I want to get it right the first time.

53 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Seems like 4 mil bags on uline are them but just trying to get verification. 20 X 30 and 20 X 48. They just cost a lot so I want to get it right the first time.

I’ve never used them myself but we have a level 2 coming up that has been plagued by rain in the past.    The dry cleaners bags are a pain in the ass.

20x48 would seem like the way to go for double hung targets but I’d like to hear others opinions on the uline bags and what thickness would be best. 

5 minutes ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

We’ve used those so called waterproof targets before.    They’re not as waterproof as most would assume.  

Yeah, they are not what they are cracked up to be. The thick bags from uline etc barely slow things down.

22 minutes ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

We’ve used those so called waterproof targets before.    They’re not as waterproof as most would assume.  

I mean. Sure. If they’re out there all day. What major doesn’t replace targets through the day? 

I’ve CRO’d a few matches that used them… and they were superb IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Dirty_J said:

I mean. Sure. If they’re out there all day. What major doesn’t replace targets through the day? 

I’ve CRO’d a few matches that used them… and they were superb IMO. 

For us after some steady rain they were getting droopy.    Perhaps We had a bad batch or something But they just didn’t work out for us. I doubt I’ll ever buy them again.    Plastic bags do suck to shoot with them on but 🤷‍♂️ 

3 hours ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

For us after some steady rain they were getting droopy.    Perhaps We had a bad batch or something But they just didn’t work out for us. I doubt I’ll ever buy them again.    Plastic bags do suck to shoot with them on but 🤷‍♂️ 

I was in plenty of rain with them… but they were turtles now that I recall… so perhaps the ones with a head box would be more problematic. 

6 minutes ago, Dirty_J said:

I was in plenty of rain with them… but they were turtles now that I recall… so perhaps the ones with a head box would be more problematic. 

We went so far as to cut up old political signs into small strips and staple them to the back of the heads to keep them from drooping.      Either way it sucks shooting in the rain.   I shot the bama sectional earlier this year and it rained on and off all that Friday.  I shot two stages without bags on them out of ten 🥺 

On 4/9/2022 at 12:31 PM, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

there was a batch of them that were not as well coated as the original ones and they were not great, the ones we have purchased lately have been very well coated. 

they are not as good as regular targets on a dry day but they are every bit as good as regular targets under a plastic bag. our range is in NW Oregon and we have stopped stocking bags and just run waterproof targets any time we are less than 100% it will be dry. 

On 4/11/2022 at 2:18 PM, MikeBurgess said:

they are not as good as regular targets on a dry day

Especially when people don't get pasters fully stuck on or the adhesive is a little spotty - our squad had a few pasters fly off last week at ARPC

2 hours ago, Harpo said:

Especially when people don't get pasters fully stuck on or the adhesive is a little spotty - our squad had a few pasters fly off last week at ARPC

The pasters are a weak spot. I’ll agree with that. 

They need some extra love… especially if they’re coming off a paster gun. 

• 1 month later...