Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me to choose my new IDPA gun

Stefano_ITA

Hi

My father gave me the new beretta 92x defense but I figure out that it's not my gun, it's too big for me and I, unfortunately, have small hands.

So I tried CZ SP01 and Tanfoglio stock 1 and seems very nice to me, but I would like also to try some alternative.

Especially because they're a quite "old" gun, noone had other nice steel gun for IDPA in this period?

Also another thing, I don't like the polymer guns, because also the weight and so for the arm control (I tried Glock and nah, it's not also my gun)

U have some suggestions?

P.S. I'm in Italy so maybe some guns will be hard for me to find and test it, especially for the 9x21 problem :) 

1 hour ago, Stefano_ITA said:

P.S. I'm in Italy so maybe some guns will be hard for me to find and test it, especially for the 9x21 problem

I read on Monday that 9x19 has become legal for private purchase in Italy, effective 1 February of this year .

I do not know of a better choice than a CZ or Tanfoglio.  Be sure that the model you choose makes the weight limit, they are turning out some very heavy pistols for IPSC Production.

The Sig P226 is a good gun but is nearly as big in the butt as the Beretta.

Maybe look at what division you want to shoot. Then we can help you narrow down popular/competitive choices. Then you can discover whether or not they are available in your neck of the woods. 

• 1 month later...