Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting in Philadelphia

I'll be in Philly for a conference this month, so I'm planning to shoot the falling steel match at Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club Saturday, 4/16/22.

Does anyone have any info on this match (round count, duration, participation)?

Also, if any locals want to connect, feel free to reach out: 619-954-5539.

I just shot at that club Saturday. They have great USPSA matches. There was an announcement there about having a falling steel match on the 16th. They were talking about 35 pieces of steel on each stage, for about 150 total. Signup is on practiscore, under Eagleville, PA location. I don't know exactly who is running it, or any other specific details. There is ICORE, IDPA, as well as USPSA matches held at that club. If I find out anything more, I will post it.

Edited by GBertolet

On 4/2/2022 at 3:52 PM, kneelingatlas said:

I'll be in Philly for a conference this month, so I'm planning to shoot the falling steel match at Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club Saturday, 4/16/22.

Does anyone have any info on this match (round count, duration, participation)?

Also, if any locals want to connect, feel free to reach out: 619-954-5539.

This is their annual "Fistful of Steel" match that LP puts on, mostly as a warm-up for folks that are going to be attending the annual "PSA Shootout".  It's a fun match with about 150 falling steel targets: https://practiscore.com/lprgc-a-fistful-of-steel-2022/register

Not sure how long you will be in town, but there is a Steel Challenge match that same day in Easton and another on Sunday in Maryland at Eastern Shore.  Both are listed on Practiscore.

On 4/6/2022 at 11:39 AM, bigdawgbeav said:

This is their annual "Fistful of Steel" match that LP puts on, mostly as a warm-up for folks that are going to be attending the annual "PSA Shootout".  It's a fun match with about 150 falling steel targets: https://practiscore.com/lprgc-a-fistful-of-steel-2022/register

Not sure how long you will be in town, but there is a Steel Challenge match that same day in Easton and another on Sunday in Maryland at Eastern Shore.  Both are listed on Practiscore.

I fly out on Sunday, but my friend and I got registered on squad 2 for the fistful of steel!

12 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

I fly out on Sunday, but my friend and I got registered on squad 2 for the fistful of steel!

Well, sorry I'll be missing you.  I'm at that Easton SC match getting ready for WSSC in a few weeks