Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why doesn't Canik sell maintenance parts ???

bigtimelarry

Every 15k rounds or so I like to completely rebuild my Guns. Canik makes phenomenal guns but why do I have to send them an Email, wait 3 days for a response and then wait 5 days for the part. Why cant Canik give Midway or Brownells all the Roll pins, springs, clips etc so i can buy a few of each and have them in my parts bin. You can buy every spring and pin that goes on Glocks from 20 different places. Is there a place where I can buy this stuff for my Rivals & TP9SFX that I don't know about ?  

So Canik sells Competition Guns and when you want to freshen up your Canik's for competitions, nobody carries the basic parts but them and you have to Email them to ask them for parts and it takes 8 Days ???   LOL... 

11 hours ago, JTex99 said:

So Canik sells Competition Guns and when you want to freshen up your Canik's for competitions, nobody carries the basic parts but them and you have to Email them to ask them for parts and it takes 8 Days ???   LOL... 

I’m glad someone else found this post amusing as well. I assumed it was an April fools joke.

12 hours ago, ngodwetrust21 said:

I’m glad someone else found this post amusing as well. I assumed it was an April fools joke.

So ngodwetrust21, then help me out. Where can I get a Stock Trigger spring, Sear spring, take down spring, safety locking plunger spring and roll pins etc ?

On 4/2/2022 at 8:21 AM, ngodwetrust21 said:

Buying Canik's for competition and they don't have the Basic maintenance parts available for sale anywhere, not even on their website.. That's a Joke..

getting a roll pin kit on Ebay and matching something up that's close and you have to make it work ???   WTF is that...

• 9 months later...

Has Canik improved the ability to get spare parts? I'm considering getting a a few Caniks and the thought of not being able to promptly get spare parts if I needed them would frustrate the hell outta me. I'm a glock shill so everything is new and scary:)

23 hours ago, Itgma said:

Has Canik improved the ability to get spare parts? I'm considering getting a a few Caniks and the thought of not being able to promptly get spare parts if I needed them would frustrate the hell outta me. I'm a glock shill so everything is new and scary:)

I totally agree, they need to have all the spares and for sure especially all the pins on there to order. Every time I pull any of the pins out I want to put a fresh one in when i reassemble.    Read above you'll see:  ngodwetrust21  thinks your a joke for even posting something like that. Not sure what he's thinking.. LOL..

11 hours ago, JTex99 said:

I totally agree, they need to have all the spares and for sure especially all the pins on there to order. Every time I pull any of the pins out I want to put a fresh one in when i reassemble.    Read above you'll see:  ngodwetrust21  thinks your a joke for even posting something like that. Not sure what he's thinking.. LOL..

I've been called alot worse, so I'll take it as a compliment! 🤣

Thanks for the responses guys, I wasn't aware Century Arms was the spare parts for Canik in USA. But it's good to hear they're taking care of people or atleast starting too instead of what I've heard in the past.

Edited by Itgma

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2023 at 12:20 PM, JTex99 said:

I totally agree, they need to have all the spares and for sure especially all the pins on there to order. Every time I pull any of the pins out I want to put a fresh one in when i reassemble.    Read above you'll see:  ngodwetrust21  thinks you’re a joke for even posting something like that. Not sure what he's thinking.. LOL..

You replace the pins every time you take them out?

I don’t think you are silly at all for wanting to be able to have access to replacement parts or springs. I like to change out all the springs in the off season myself so I have fresh stuff going into the next season.

What I thought was a joke initially was wanting to purchase them instead of contacting Canik and waiting a week or two for them to ship replacement parts. I have never had a problem personally getting them to send me stuff when I needed it. Maybe I just keep catching them at a good time.