Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC Pan American

yekcoh

Signed up for this match last year. They postponed due to covid. 

This will be my first time ever shooting an ipsc match. 

chrono and equipment check wise, what’s the process and how do they do it? I’m assuming it’s a bit more rigorous. 

Process wise, Id like to familirize gow they are done step by step. So I dont look like “what’s going on?”

USPSA for example,

1. register at check in. 
2. Show up to your first stage.
3. Sometimes chrono rounds are collected on first stage

4. At chrono, they check your gun. Do the chrono

5 proceed to next stage

Are there prize tables?

Edited by yekcoh

Its been a while since I last competed in an IPSC match. There should be an equipment check at registration, if one is there then I would suggest taking advantage and making sure your equipment is compliant with whatever division you are shooting, so you have time to remedy any issues.

They used to collect chrono ammo at random stages, not sure if that is still the case.

Process for chrono is much the same as USPSA.

There were no prize tables when I used to shoot IPSC matches, sponsors would provide cash for the match, not prizes. That money is then used for the stages which is why IPSC major matches generally have a much higher presentation value to the competitor than USPSA majors. 

17 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

Its been a while since I last competed in an IPSC match. There should be an equipment check at registration, if one is there then I would suggest taking advantage and making sure your equipment is compliant with whatever division you are shooting, so you have time to remedy any issues.

They used to collect chrono ammo at random stages, not sure if that is still the case.

Process for chrono is much the same as USPSA.

There were no prize tables when I used to shoot IPSC matches, sponsors would provide cash for the match, not prizes. That money is then used for the stages which is why IPSC major matches generally have a much higher presentation value to the competitor than USPSA majors. 

Ok so not much different than uspsa. 

See the May 2021 issue of USPSA Magazine (May/Jun 2021 USPSA Magazine).  A comprehensive article starts on p.64.  It should answer most of your questions.

There will be an equipment check which precedes the match.  Procedures (as far as the shooter is concerned) at the chrono are very similar to USPSA major matches.

More information on the match (including a schedule) can be found at: 2022 Pan American Handgun Championship | Polk County, Florida - U.S.A. (ipscmatches.org)

FWIW, the US IPSC National Championships will be conducted a few days later on the same range.

25 minutes ago, Schutzenmeister said:

See the May 2021 issue of USPSA Magazine (May/Jun 2021 USPSA Magazine).  A comprehensive article starts on p.64.  It should answer most of your questions.

There will be an equipment check which precedes the match.  Procedures (as far as the shooter is concerned) at the chrono are very similar to USPSA major matches.

More information on the match (including a schedule) can be found at: 2022 Pan American Handgun Championship | Polk County, Florida - U.S.A. (ipscmatches.org)

FWIW, the US IPSC National Championships will be conducted a few days later on the same range.

1. IPSC is very particular about the pull weight so I'm going to have to change a lot of what's been done to my Sig p320...

I'm also using Grey guns trigger shoe so that's not allowed, or is it?

Isn't P320 max already sub 3 lbs trigger? 

2. The rule book states the Optic light division will expire. And I cannot locate the later version of the rule book than this one.

Is the optic light division still in place?image.thumb.png.66408ef12b8ec2de5dd61c5f1c069c04.png

I'm not familiar with the Grayguns Trigger Shoe so I can't really comment on it.  I don't know what the "out of the box" trigger pull is for a factory P320 ... Your gun will have to pass the trigger pull test as specified in the PD (or PO/POL) Appendix in the IPSC Rules ... no exceptions.  If you can be more specific on your concerns over the Grayguns Trigger Shoe then perhaps I can give you some guidance.  Aftermarket springs and trigger assemblies are permitted in PD, PO, and POL per #18.4 of each of the applicable Appencicies.

The various division with "expiration dates" were extended to 31 Dec 2022 ... Reference: IPSC President’s Newsletter – September 2021 | International Practical Shooting Confederation - IPSC (See #5.)