Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another gun I'm having built

Bakerjd

So I have been talking with Dan at D2 Customs about finally building my commander 2011 for a while and just haven't had much interest in doing it. We got to chatting about open guns and how I want a light weight one but full size. So he sent me a few pictures of some he has done and I fell in love with this one. He already has all the small parts and stuff I sent to do the commander so I decided to just take those part that can be used for this gun and build me a left handed version of this. 

Am I the only one who just randomly decides I want another competition gun for the simple reason I want it? 

Resized_20210306_161543.jpeg

Resized_20210306_161611.jpeg

No. I got an itch and it needs scratched. I’ll say I’ll wait and save in chunks for it. I have gotten better about it thoigh

you may spend more than me on them though. I have a hard time justifying several thousand dollars on a whim frequently.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 9:56 AM, RangerTrace said:

You would have gotten more use out of the Commander!!

I honestly doubt it. I have one already that just sits. 

@Nathanb everyone at work doesn't believe me but I honestly only keep my day job to spend money on guns, amd USPSA. Otherwise I'd go find an easy job. I'm currently a heavy equipment mechanic for a rental company. But after this one I think I'm done building guns for a while. Maybe....

3 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

I honestly doubt it. I have one already that just sits. 

@Nathanb everyone at work doesn't believe me but I honestly only keep my day job to spend money on guns, amd USPSA. Otherwise I'd go find an easy job. I'm currently a heavy equipment mechanic for a rental company. But after this one I think I'm done building guns for a while. Maybe....

I ain’t mad at ya my man I totally get it.  I can’t say that I haven’t eyeballed a 2011 more times than I can count but I don’t want to get into more divisions to suck in. It’s a good thing to be in a position to buy new guns when you want and not have to worry. 

20 hours ago, Nathanb said:

I ain’t mad at ya my man I totally get it.  I can’t say that I haven’t eyeballed a 2011 more times than I can count but I don’t want to get into more divisions to suck in. It’s a good thing to be in a position to buy new guns when you want and not have to worry. 

Thanks. Was a long road of terrible decisions before I got there. Spent most of my 20s flat broke and owing everyone everything. A divorce, finding a good job after the Navy, and growing up got me here. I still make some not so great economic choices but at least I don't owe anyone money except for my new to me truck. Although I work a lot of OT when it's available. 

3 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Thanks. Was a long road of terrible decisions before I got there. Spent most of my 20s flat broke and owing everyone everything. A divorce, finding a good job after the Navy, and growing up got me here. I still make some not so great economic choices but at least I don't owe anyone money except for my new to me truck. Although I work a lot of OT when it's available. 

I can relate to this big time. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I 1000% love the Infiniti extra wide (right side) ambi thumb safetys. I was a little nervous when I ordered them but now that I have the gun in hand I can say I made the right choice. Other thumb safetys I've tried always pinch my hand when clicking them off and have never felt super comfortable with my strong hand thumb resting on them. After a little dry fire tonight I'm in love with these. 

22 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

I 1000% love the Infiniti extra wide (right side) ambi thumb safetys. I was a little nervous when I ordered them but now that I have the gun in hand I can say I made the right choice. Other thumb safetys I've tried always pinch my hand when clicking them off and have never felt super comfortable with my strong hand thumb resting on them. After a little dry fire tonight I'm in love with these. 

Yea, the extra wide SV safeties are a good shelf/support. Helps with consistent grip placement too. Always preferred them. 

42 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Yea, the extra wide SV safeties are a good shelf/support. Helps with consistent grip placement too. Always preferred them. 

10x better then the wide safetys from limcat. And I really like the limcat ones. 

13 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

10x better then the wide safetys from limcat. And I really like the limcat ones. 

I’ve had several guns with the Limcat ones. The SV are really nice. No shield built in option though. 

• 2 months later...

So I finally got to take this out to a match. Shoots great! Me not as much. Lots of dot wiggle. I hate the DAA alpha x holster and have switched to the everglades MRH now that I figured out how to move the holster body a little closer to my body, thanks @Sarge. Gun ran 100% but I need to relearn how to shoot a 2011. The trigger is much different then my A01LD. This gun is actually about the same weight as my CO gun but tracks a lot different which I didn't expect. 

5 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

So I finally got to take this out to a match. Shoots great! Me not as much. Lots of dot wiggle. I hate the DAA alpha x holster and have switched to the everglades MRH now that I figured out how to move the holster body a little closer to my body, thanks @Sarge. Gun ran 100% but I need to relearn how to shoot a 2011. The trigger is much different then my A01LD. This gun is actually about the same weight as my CO gun but tracks a lot different which I didn't expect. 

A major PF frame mounted optic open gun versus a carry optics slide mounted optic gun is a completely different animal in the way that they feel and shoot especially with the dot tracking. Run that thing fast!