Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 for CCP

v1911

Anyone familiar with 2011 that fits the CCP box?

I checked with PT. Their carry 2011 uses the same mags as the Staccato C2. Which are the same that for my STI Costa VIP. I checked and the Costa is too tall to fit with a mag.

Seems that Infinity is the only one that offers an actual officers length grip these days.

I currently have a Staccato C. That fits the box, but I prefer the feel of a 2011. 

I've seen a few staccato c2 fit the box with modified magazine's and a thined safety.

The magazine's had the base pads removed and a flush fit plug fitted to the bottom of the magazine and drilled and tap with small screws holding it in.

I toyed with this idea for a while but never came up with a great solution to the mag base pad problem.  My local club is basically like shooting in a sandpit so mag cleaning between stages is pretty important to me. The Infinity grip and mags seems to be the answer, but I’m not sure it’s worth the price of admission. I’ve been shooting my C2 in ESP at a bit of a disadvantage which goes against my nature of wanting the most appropriate tool for the job. When the new rules take effect, I’ll probably setup my Atlas Hyperion for ESP and wait to see if anybody figures out the formula for a practical 2011 CCP.

So, I had a builder (semi-local) to reach back out to me.

They are taking my request under consideration. They just need to discuss the overall details of how to accomplish it and what the cost would be.

Most everyone sees the C2 or the 2011 with 120mm mags as the answer. But my Costa VIP uses those mags and is still too tall to fit the box with a mag. It’s snug even without it.

But if there were to take on this build, it would have to be based off on SVI’s compact carry grip and mags. The only other option would be taking a polymer or aluminum grip, reducing the length (think chop shop) and then customizing the length of a 120mm mag and spring. But then you’re looking at an untested mag platform. Mags are already the Achilles heel of the 2011.

I’ve seen some people modify their 120mm mags to be able to make it in the box. But it makes the mag completely flush with the base of the grip. I know my luck. I don’t want to be ripping up my girly thin finger nails trying to find enough meat on the edge of the mag to be able to strip one out because of a malfunction. 

Using SVIs grip and mags (as costly as they are) would be the most mechanically tried and true way to go. And yes, I’m looking to make this a CCP size limited gun. Slide cuts and all. I like to look good even if I don’t win. Lol

I’ll let you know what conclusion they come up with. 

1 minute ago, Jim Watson said:

But as of June, you may have 10 in your CCP.  Another rooneygun obsoleted by rule changes.

Yep. I had cosaint build me a cco in January got it in February. Now with the rule change it went of the best gun for ccp to obsolete.

I've shoot ccp for most of my time in idpa the new rulebook has me considering give up idpa all together.

IMG_0647.jpg

Can't say I would blame you.  What division in USPSA does it suit?

It only cost me $10.  I ordered two print copies of the 2017 rules two weeks before the 2022 rules were announced.  (There is a SO making up stuff that I wanted to counter, one copy at home, one in ammo bag.) 

Yes, there used to be people shooting ESP 9+1 to get five double taps and reload on the next transition, so it not really obsolete, just a bit less flexible. 

Me?  I got into CCP by sanding a M&P magazine base down til it fit The Box. Then ordered some thin aluminum bases to make a set.  I just could not shoot a dwarf 1911 as well, even though a 5" gun is my choice in ESP. 

I'm going to try my Staccato C in CCP with the 9 round Tripp officer mags.  Should fit in the box although I've not seen a box at the local match that I would shoot 5 or 6 times/year.

They declined to do the build.

The search continues.

If someone knows of a builder that is taking work, I’d appreciate a contact number or email. Thanks. 

Edited by v1911

10 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

That is going to be expensive!!  Just buy a complete SV so you can get your money back if needed!!

Who needs 2 kidneys, right?

Order submitted. Hopefully I get this before the second coming of Christ. Lol

I won’t go into exact cost. But the price they gave me was quite reasonable. And Trace was right, it makes the most sense.

I would have paid just as much to have another compact 2011 fitted with an SV officer grip and still not had the same build quality as a factory Infinity. Plus the resale value will be better than anything else out there SHOULD I ever need to sell this.

Thanks Trace! 👍🏽