Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CO optic for a G17 for Steel Challenge

warpspeed

I use the RTS2 for just about everything SC related because I like the larger dot availability ; 8 or 10 MOA

The feedback I have gotten is the RTS2 doesn't like being slide mounted ; The glass will crack.

So, what's the consensus for a CO optic for SC  ?

34 minutes ago, AHI said:

Recently went to a Hollosun.   I know it's a small dot  but has been working for me.

Which one?

I'm kinda intrigued by the circle - dot 

Edited by warpspeed

Optics have definitely gotten a lot more durable in the last 2 years. 

For competition I believe the SRO is still the most durable. 

I’ve heard from shooting buddies that the rts v5 is very durable and so is the newer DPP. 

What is interesting is the circle on the Holosun 507.  For steel challenge it sort of centers your round plates even though the dot is relatively small.  I have C More's on my rifles and rimfire pistols for steel challenge but I bought a P-10 F and it had a 507 on it.  I sort of like it. 

I've been running Vortex Venom 6MOA RDS for over 5 years on my two G17 GEN4 MOS pistols for USPSA. Also, use them on three SC guns (2 RFRO, 1 RFPO). Had a few failures over the years on my G17's, but that seems the nature of the beast with any brand of RDS when slide mounted on centerfire platform running many thousands of rounds in hard use match environments. They are not the latest greatest shiny toy available, but I like the features and the price. Also, Vortex has been good to me over the years with their VIP Warranty service on the many Vortex optics I use in various applications. That 6MOA dot in the Venom RDS blooms to about 8-10MOA (for my eyes) when at max brightness, so they work very well for me. YMMV, best of luck on your journey!

1 hour ago, andyivan said:

Never heard of that issue.  Like my SRO.  Big field of view and 5 moa dot. 

please elaborate. what issue haven't you heard of?