Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2022 Rulebook Released

matteekay

3 minutes ago, Thomas H said:

Question I do have, though---the summary says "Non-shooting actions can not be penalized" and then gives a specific example of:  "carrying an object."

And the new rulebook says (5: Penalty Rules):
"While a procedure may suggest a way to complete a string, the instructions are limited to following rulebook Sections 3 and Section 5 in their guidance with regard to penalizing shooters. After the start signal, penalties for non-shooting actions may not be issued to competitors for their performance on a stage."

So, stages like "must use Object A to (picked up at the beginning) to activate Target B (later in the stage)" now won't work, because the person can just ignore the object and activate Target B with their hand and not get penalized, because that is a non-shooting action? 

Similarly, stages that say "must keep Object A in hand" (for example, simulating carrying something like a child while moving) won't work because the shooter just now drop the object (the child! :O) without penalty because that is a non-shooting action...?

There used to be a "failure to follow the stage procedures" type of penalty---but that no longer exists?  Am I reading that correctly?

That seems like it'll take away a lot of situational things that often occur in stages in IDPA.

Really, it's been like that for a while but it's IDPA so maybe not everywhere?

Anyway we've been doing it that way for a while here. It make the stage builder need to be creative and/or accept that people aren't going to do the thing you want them to do. Some stuff has just gone away. We never carry things anymore for example. 

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

Really, it's been like that for a while but it's IDPA so maybe not everywhere?

Previous rule set literally used as an example of an allowed procedural penalty "The qualifier must be of a pass/fail determinant and the quantifiable condition must be in the CoF. e.g., the briefcase must be set down inside blue barrel." 

This is new.

2 minutes ago, Thomas H said:

Previous rule set literally used as an example of an allowed procedural penalty "The qualifier must be of a pass/fail determinant and the quantifiable condition must be in the CoF. e.g., the briefcase must be set down inside blue barrel." 

This is new.

I don't know, we've been doing this for a while. Maybe your AC missed a memo, or our AC jumped the gun. I don't think it was in the rule book, I think it may of been a clarification/ruling or something. I'd have to dig around to figure it out. 

So now if they make you start with a briefcase you can just drop it. The work around would be making it activate something when you put it in the barrel. Kind of a hassle but you don't really notice it after a while. 

11 hours ago, Scooter said:

Can't change out grip modules for SSP. Though if it is one of the stock modules, how would any SO know considering the number of different models Sig had come out for the 320.

And you can get just the fire control unit and build your own........ so, per how you can buy the pistol, it is still anything you want it to be.

15 minutes ago, Thomas H said:

This is new.

I think it came from this

https://www.multibriefs.com/briefs/idpa/Cornerstones2019.pdf

1 minute ago, Andy9 said:

And you can get just the fire control unit and build your own........ so, per how you can buy the pistol, it is still anything you want it to be.

But, wouldn't you need to build 2,000 of them the same every year? Probably get expensive after a year or two.

17 hours ago, GmanCdp said:

I’m wondering why the PF reduction in CCP ? I guess 10 round in mags is ok.

Hmmm. Have a couple serious CCP shooting friends that are going to cry a river, unless they can figure out a way to get 10 rounds into their very nice custom (1911 ish) guns. 

I quit paying IDPA dues when they outlawed my CCP gun (4" XD) by 1/8" . 

4 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Hmmm. Have a couple serious CCP shooting friends that are going to cry a river, unless they can figure out a way to get 10 rounds into their very nice custom (1911 ish) guns. 

I quit paying IDPA dues when they outlawed my CCP gun (4" XD) by 1/8" . 

Around here we shoot a few matches a year in the dark. I'll need a new gun with a rail for WML's if I want to be competitive in those matches.  But at least that's only a couple matches a year, could of been worse. 

56 minutes ago, Andy9 said:

A.1.3.1 No visible external modifications are allowed. The firearm must have the same appearance as the

factory SKU shown on the company’s website.

So per the rules, a fullsize 320 with the X grip was never made, so it wouldn't be legal.

1 hour ago, apetrulis01 said:

So I can run a Glock 17 with a weapon mounted light  from appendix with a 15 round mag?

As far as I can tell (still reading and re-reading)... yup, as long as it makes weight, fits in the box, and is otherwise unmodified.

8 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

You just stick it in the holster, nothing fancy needed. They amended the rules so you can now sweep your legs drawing and holstering. 

How else are the appendix carrying guys are suppose to draw while setting without sweeping themselves.?

2 hours ago, GmanCdp said:

How else are the appendix carrying guys are suppose to draw while setting without sweeping themselves.?

In the "old days" a circus might have a "contortionist" act that could do all sorts of amazing things with their bodies... lol...

3 hours ago, GmanCdp said:

I believe that in the new rule, you "cannot" sweep your self until your gun is up. 

2.2.1.1 Exception: A match Disqualification is not applicable for sweeping of the shooter’s own body below the belt while removing the firearm from the holster or holstering of the firearm, provided that the shooter’s trigger finger is clearly outside of the trigger guard. However, after the muzzle of the firearm is clear of the holster and has rotated up on the draw, sweeping any part of the body is a Disqualification

As the underscored verbiage implies, you can now draw and sweep yourself below the belt and not get penalized, standing or sitting. 

Just now, Dr_Z said:

I believe that in the new rule, you "cannot" sweep your self until your gun is up. 

2.2.1.1 Exception: A match Disqualification is not applicable for sweeping of the shooter’s own body below the belt while removing the firearm from the holster or holstering of the firearm, provided that the shooter’s trigger finger is clearly outside of the trigger guard. However, after the muzzle of the firearm is clear of the holster and has rotated up on the draw, sweeping any part of the body is a Disqualification

As the underscored verbiage implies, you can now draw and sweep yourself below the belt and not get penalized, standing or sitting. 

sorry, did not read the post properly. I thought you need some clarification but I see that you already had the answer. 

1 hour ago, Braxton1 said:

I'm just trying to figure out if I've gone full-"potato", as they say....

An SSP gun can have 15+1 in it?  An ESP can only have 10+1?  Doesn't sound very "ENHANCED" to me....

I don't mind it, but I don't really get that one. I think they needed a way incentivize SSP since all of the other 10 round divisions (CCP, ESP, CO) allow for modifications.

What it really does is make it difficult to design interesting low-cap stages that aren't either horribly imbalanced or require a downloaded start.

4 minutes ago, matteekay said:

I don't mind it, but I don't really get that one. I think they needed a way incentivize SSP since all of the other 10 round divisions (CCP, ESP, CO) allow for modifications.

Do you think that it really is just to get more people to shoot more SSP and even out participation numbers or is it to even the playing field and overall results and making up the modification advantages that ESP with a higher cap for SSP?

1 hour ago, SuperKing said:

Do you think that it really is just to get more people to shoot more SSP and even out participation numbers or is it to even the playing field and overall results and making up the modification advantages that ESP with a higher cap for SSP?

Is there a difference?

18 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

The most likely reason is there are a lot of 9mm 1911's in ESP and CO and they didn't want to make all those guns obsolete. It's also funny to note that Wilson sells 9mm 1911's. 

That's a good note; Wilson doesn't make a gun (excluding their P320 riff) that qualifies for SSP.