Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

03-14 comstock?

yekcoh

Shot a local today. They had 03-14. 
considering the generous 4.5s per target, I automatically assumed it was virginia count. As a GM, if this is comstock, it would be a joke of a stage and I would certainly get full points. 

our squad finished early and when I was walking by the stage, other squads were shooting the stage comstock. I was shocked. 

I cant believe this is a comstock classifier… or is it not? Can uspsa verify?

37 minutes ago, yekcoh said:

Shot a local today. They had 03-14. 
considering the generous 4.5s per target, I automatically assumed it was virginia count. As a GM, if this is comstock, it would be a joke of a stage and I would certainly get full points. 

our squad finished early and when I was walking by the stage, other squads were shooting the stage comstock. I was shocked. 

I cant believe this is a comstock classifier… or is it not? Can uspsa verify?

All you have to do is read the wsb 

9.2.4 Fixed Time

Limited time, limited number of shots to be fired, stipulated number of hits per target to count for score.
9.2.4.1 A competitor’s score is calculated by adding the highest value stipulated number of required hits, minus penalties. The overall stage results are not factored, and competitors are ranked by the actual net points achieved by them.
9.2.4.2Fixed Time must use cardboard targets exclusively and they should,where possible, be disappearing targets.
9.2.4.3 Fixed Time must only be used for Standard Exercises, Classifiers or Short Courses
9.2.4.4 Fixed Time courses of fire do not incur failure to shoot at or miss penalties.
Edited by NMBOpen

16 hours ago, yekcoh said:

Oh so any “fixed” time is implied virginia?

not so much 'implied' as 'explicitly defined in the rules'

As a GM, if this is comstock, it would be a joke of a stage and I would certainly get full points. 

If you're a real GM, shouldn't you be getting pretty close to full points anyway?

Edited by motosapiens

7 hours ago, motosapiens said:

not so much 'implied' as 'explicitly defined in the rules'

If you're a real GM, shouldn't you be getting pretty close to full points anyway?

Well I got 100 points out of 120 and that’s still 100% in my division. Had a bad grip on strong hand that threw some charlies…

Any Gm would certainly get full points each and every run if it was comstock which is my point

Edited by yekcoh

39 minutes ago, Nolan said:

By shooting it Comstock, do you mean firing extra shots?  If so, do you know for sure they weren't penalized for the extra shots?

Nolan

I notified MD and they removed the stage scores entirely. MD also witnessed it and he was aware of it. At the time, he wasn’t 100% sure eventhough he agreed with me that it should be limited round count. 

Edited by yekcoh