Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik Rival with all the goodies!

ngodwetrust21

I absolutely love these things! Sub 3lb trigger and they are not even broken in yet.

This is what I have done:

Taylor Freelance brass backstrap, 29 Newton striker spring from Sprinco, competition trigger return spring from Sprinco that I stretch out a little to lighten it up, competition firing pin safety plunger from Sprinco, Pro style trigger from Freedomsmith, and a Wolff steel guide rod for Glock with a 15lb spring. Gun also has all polished parts and 60/90 grit silicone carbide on the trigger guard / left side of frame.

Gun comes in at 29.60oz with all the stuff and no magazine. Love these guns and they are super fun to work on and even more fun to shoot. This is definitely an upgrade from the SFx and looks absolutely sick!!!

I think Canik has come far enough they deserve their own section in the factory pistol section on Enos!

76D8DADA-168C-4CBB-B46E-05192842855D.thumb.jpeg.1c4300b009246859e1a3c5b30cda8a4d.jpeg

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ngodwetrust21 said:

I absolutely love these things! Sub 3lb trigger and they are not even broken in yet.

This is what I have done:

Taylor Freelance brass backstrap, 29 Newton striker spring from Sprinco, competition trigger return spring from Sprinco that I stretch out a little to lighten it up, competition firing pin safety plunger from Sprinco, Pro style trigger from Freedomsmith, and a Wolff steel guide rod for Glock with a 15lb spring. Gun also has all polished parts and 60/90 grit silicone carbide on the trigger guard / left side of frame.

Gun comes in at 29.60oz with all the stuff and no magazine. Love these guns and they are super fun to work on and even more fun to shoot. This is definitely an upgrade from the SFx and looks absolutely sick!!!

I think Canik has come far enough they deserve their own section in the factory pistol section on Enos!

76D8DADA-168C-4CBB-B46E-05192842855D.thumb.jpeg.1c4300b009246859e1a3c5b30cda8a4d.jpeg

Did you have to do any filing on the Trigger Safety or anywhere on the Freedom Trigger ?

43 minutes ago, bigtimelarry said:

Did you have to do any filing on the Trigger Safety or anywhere on the Freedom Trigger ?

No filing on the trigger itself, but yes on the trigger safety. For every Freedomsmith trigger I have had for both the SFx and the Rival, I had to file the trigger safety about halfway from what sticks out from the trigger. If I didn’t, it seemed like it would always get hung up on the frame before the trigger safety was fully depressed. This problem is even more noticeable as you decrease the pull weight on the trigger.

17 minutes ago, ngodwetrust21 said:

No filing on the trigger itself, but yes on the trigger safety. For every Freedomsmith trigger I have had for both the SFx and the Rival, I had to file the trigger safety about halfway from what sticks out from the trigger. If I didn’t, it seemed like it would always get hung up on the frame before the trigger safety was fully depressed. This problem is even more noticeable as you decrease the pull weight on the trigger.

Wow, You filed a lot off. When you push the outside of the trigger to test it, is there a lot of material still on the safety that hit's the frame or is there just barely enough ?

5 minutes ago, bigtimelarry said:

Wow, You filed a lot off. When you push the outside of the trigger to test it, is there a lot of material still on the safety that hit's the frame or is there just barely enough ?

Still enough there that your are not getting any resistance from anything else other than the trigger spring until the trigger safety is depressed.

25F09A27-A9E6-483C-B72F-078141666E72.thumb.jpeg.41c22012365af8fd2192f6b2e6769f07.jpeg

28 minutes ago, ngodwetrust21 said:

Still enough there that your are not getting any resistance from anything else other than the trigger spring until the trigger safety is depressed.

25F09A27-A9E6-483C-B72F-078141666E72.thumb.jpeg.41c22012365af8fd2192f6b2e6769f07.jpeg

Perfect... Thanks for putting the photo, i'm about to put mine in soon..

9 hours ago, bigtimelarry said:

The quality of Taylor Freelance stuff is Top Notch.. I love all their stuff, especially the Backstraps.

Backstrap is excellent. Especially the one for the Rival/Mete. The aggressive texture they have on it now is great!

On 3/15/2022 at 7:46 AM, pcar157 said:

I love the Taylor Freelance stuff as well. However, I prefer the texture of the LOK brass backstrap as opposed to the TF one. Much better grip IMHO.

Just sayin'

I don’t believe LOK has one yet for

the METE/Rival yet. Plus this TF texture is much improved from their first gen backstrap.

@ngodwetrust21

My 129 PF reloads are not working reliably with the Rival's factory guide rod/wpring.  So I'm looking for a replacement guide rod for the Rival.

You mention using the Wolff guide rod and springs. 

Which Glock model has a compatible guide rod that works with the Rival?  Is it the Glock 34 Gen 3? 

Did you have to make any modifications to the guide rod or use a washer spacer with it?

15 minutes ago, TitoR said:

@ngodwetrust21

My 129 PF reloads are not working reliably with the Rival's factory guide rod/wpring.  So I'm looking for a replacement guide rod for the Rival.

Which Glock model has a compatible guide rod that works with the Rival?  Is it the Glock 34 Gen 3? 

Did you have to make any modifications to the guide rod or use a washer spacer with it?

No modifications needed. Get you a Wolff Glock 34 gen 3 stainless steel guide rod and a 15 lb spring and thank me later.

26 minutes ago, TitoR said:

@ngodwetrust21

X
  GLOCK 17,22,24,31,34,35 GUIDE ROD&SPRNG 15Lb